Roden 1/48 "Air America" Pilatus PC-6/H-2 Turbo Porter

April 1, 2021 through 12/31/2021 - Anything from the Vietnam Era, aircraft, helos, trucks, boats, tanks, artillery, figures, dioramas....if it walks, crawls, rolls, rattles, flies, hovers or goes "boom", it is in. Any scale.
LyleW
Admin

Roden 1/48 "Air America" Pilatus PC-6/H-2 Turbo Porter

Post by LyleW »

While sort of clunky looking around the tail, I like the look of the Porter. Something about the single engine turbo aircraft. Anyway, this is what I will start with.

I was going through the kit, making sure things were as they should be, you know, no locating pins, etc...When what to my wondering eye did not appear? Yep, the windscreen is simply not on the clear sprue, nor was it loose in the sealed bag. So, I've contacted Roden. That will take weeks, if not months given past performance. They will likely send one. They are good about that, but lousy at timely responses. I've ordered another Porter kit so i can proceed.

It is supposed to be in the gaping hole at the upper, left corner of the clear sprue....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Roden 1/48 "Air America" Pilatus PC-6/H-2 Turbo Porter

Post by Medicman71 »

Dang Lyle! What is it with you and missing parts? :giggles:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:Dang Lyle! What is it with you and missing parts? :giggles:
I’m just lucky, I guess. Most of them I messed up, though.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I don’t know who has more hard luck with models Lyle, you or Duke Maddog... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:I don’t know who has more hard luck with models Lyle, you or Duke Maddog... :hmm:
It would be a toss-up for sure. Guess what? I found the Porter's windscreen...on the floor...in pieces. Oh well.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I was hoping that the missing part would turn up... just not like that. :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:I was hoping that the missing part would turn up... just not like that. :headslap:
I know. I was hoping that as well. Never heard it hit the floor. I am confident that Roden will eventually send a replacement. It just takes soooooooo long. It will be weeks before they even respond to the initial email.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s kinda scary that you know this already... :hmm:

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:It’s kinda scary that you know this already... :hmm:
Yeah. Went through it with the Roden O-2 Skymaster kit. This one arrived with a broken windscreen. Seller refunded 10 bucks.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh Lyle... does it ever end with these bad luck of losing parts with you? :sad:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Vietnam Era Group Build 2021”