Looking at old Monogram kit images...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Looking at old Monogram kit images...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Who remembers these?

This is the B-52 kit I received for Christmas back in the 70s, early 80s. Oh man, I'd love to get this one again... :wub:

A couple I've never seen before by Monogram/Revell...

I wouldn't mind getting this one.

Hey Joe! Here's one for you since you've been on a Maverick craze. :giggles:

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Looking at old Monogram kit images...

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I've been looking for this kit for about a year or so and boy, oh boy.... are they pricey on eBay if I'm lucky to find one up listed for sale or auction.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I love the paintings as well.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

I want the deuce and a half. Does anyone do a 5 ton of that type? Vietnam era?
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

midnightprowler wrote:I want the deuce and a half. Does anyone do a 5 ton of that type? Vietnam era?

I have this...

I started the Jeep (just the main body is put together)...truck is still in it's packaging.
It is not likely that I'll ever get back to it.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I remember all of those white box Monogram armor kits. My dad used to buy them for me when I was a kid, especially on rainy days after school to keep me busy.
midnightprowler wrote:I want the deuce and a half. Does anyone do a 5 ton of that type? Vietnam era?
AFV Club recently came out with the Vietnam era M54 5 ton. I want to get one of those M34’s as well. I should have jumped on one of the last re issues.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:I remember all of those white box Monogram armor kits. My dad used to buy them for me when I was a kid, especially on rainy days after school to keep me busy.
What a dad! When we had school breaks (Christmas, Mid-winter, Spring), we used to go to my grandparents' house on Wednesdays but not without a stop to a local Kmart to a buy model kit. Be it from our savings of weekly allowances or grandparents' treat to buy one.
It kept my sister and I busy on the bench for a couple hours - even if we didn't finish it, we took it home. Sometimes we'll leave it there since we always visit on Sundays.
Summertimes, we'd build on the front porch. Oh those were the glory, simple days I'd love to go back to before cell phones and technology ruined it for everybody. :giggles:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes those were simpler times with no real worries. Part of me would go back to those days in a heartbeat, but the other part of me will not trade where I am now in life for anything. I worked too hard to get here.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah... go back in simpler times just to grab the kits of our youth years and return to the present times. One can dream though.... Can you imagine the killing we could make buying kits at that years prices with only $30? :giggles:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’d take a little more than $30 on that shopping time travel :wink:

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”