What's on your work bench atm ?

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
LyleW
Admin

Re: What's on your work bench atm ?

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:Hey Duke! Is that an Antonov on the bench or are you just happy to see us?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Medicman71 wrote:Hey Duke! Is that an Antonov on the bench or are you just happy to see us?

LOL! Yes and yes!! :tease: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Where the Aurora XFV-1 progress rests tonight.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

"Test" building ongoing with Eduards Mk V Tempest 1:48.

I must say, as told on the zoom session, challenging kit but oh boy so wonderful at the same time.

Fit is outstanding, just fantastic!

A few weeks still and then the real GB build can start!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Gotta love a Tempest!

I'd love to a mk.II with a radial engine one day.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So midweek I did a marathon airbrushing session in the afternoon. The main purpose was to get the base color down for my M47’s power pack area, but I figured since I was airbrushing, why not do some other things as well. After our last Zoom meeting where I pulled out the Pro Modeler WWII airfield accessories kit, I decided to finish up the base painting on the items needing that, plus some Jerry cans and POL drums from the Tamiya accessories set that I purchased awhile back, as well as some more modern ESCI stuff.

Luftwaffe service cart, bomb cart, POL drums & Jerry cans... still need to do detail painting and such on most items

RAF starter cart and fuel cart

USAAF Clarktor tugs & bomb carts

ESCI Ford tractor, MJ-1 loader, bomb cart and aircraft tow bar

I think that it will be fun to weather them all to show all the work that they do on the flight line and ramp areas.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

That will add a lot, Carlos. These things are a great way to spend the time while the paint is drying.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You can also completely redo your Axxess database from the ground up. The flash drive went belly up and could not be recovered. I am grateful I only have less than 200 kits....not like some of you addicts.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jeaton01 wrote:That will add a lot, Carlos. These things are a great way to spend the time while the paint is drying.
Yes indeed they will add a lot. Presentation is the second half of the battle after the build. And they are fun to work on.
LyleW wrote:You can also completely redo your Axxess database from the ground up. The flash drive went belly up and could not be recovered. I am grateful I only have less than 200 kits....not like some of you addicts.
Only 200? What’s wrong with you? :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

LyleW wrote:You can also completely redo your Axxess database from the ground up. The flash drive went belly up and could not be recovered. I am grateful I only have less than 200 kits....not like some of you addicts.
Mine gets backed up to a USB drive twice a week, and once in a while I back it up to a memory st6ick and put it in a distant place.

Mend your ways, grasshoppa! If you like I'll send you a blank access file set up like mine, Lyle, since you said they were similar.

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”