Time to end funding on the "rathole" F-35?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Time to end funding on the "rathole" F-35?

Post by Medicman71 »

Modelcrazy wrote:As ugly as it was, The Boeing X-32 offering was faster and more maneuverable. They just has to overcome too many issues during the testing period such as a wing design change and compressor stall during VTOL, which was addressed and fixed.

I'll be all over that T-7 once someone makes a kit of it. That is a sexy looking plane :lashed:
The same can be said for the YF-23. It beat the Raptor in most areas but still lost the competition.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Medicman71 wrote: The only other aircraft would be the T-7A and that would be a very long time away.

Now you're talking.. Those are sexy beasts. :lashed: :lashed: :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Are you kidding? It looks like an anorexic tweeker Hornet... The T-38 at least had the size of, and was developed into a viable true fighter plane. Yes, it’s a good looking trainer. But there is no way that could be mistaken for a real warplane.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

You gotta admit Stick that a cross between a T-38 and F-18 looks good.
Fighter? no more like a lamborghini. It's Boeing's way of saying, were sorry for the look of the X-32, this is what we can really make.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I have to admit I'm not a fan - not when it's on the ground anyway - it's one of those aircraft that look a hell of a lot better in flight with the ugly ass gear up.

Back to the original topic - I was never a fan of the F-35 either, not even when I worked for Lockheed, but I've since accepted the fact that its here to stay, and now that it's in the UK I'm starting to like it - and now I feel like the worse thing that could be done now is to cut funding. that last thing we want is not enough of them like the F-22.

This always happens with a new type anyway - I hated the Typhoon when it came out but it's a first class aircraft!

21st Century Royal Air Force - BOYAH!!!

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Modelcrazy wrote:You gotta admit Stick that a cross between a T-38 and F-18 looks good.
Fighter? no more like a lamborghini. It's Boeing's way of saying, were sorry for the look of the X-32, this is what we can really make.
I’d say it looks more like they put the front end of an Alfa Jet onto a kiddie ride Super Hornet like you see in front of a store that you put a quarter in to run. I’m sure that it’s a fine trainer and does it’s role well. Maybe I’m just biased from the looks of types like the T-37 and T-33.

Seriously though, Boeing themselves haven’t built a production fighter plane since the “Yellow Wings” era. Everything that is labeled “Boeing” now and has a “F” designator is an evolution of something designed in somebody else’s house and acquired under corporate mergers.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Almost all of them are former McDonnell Douglas aircraft.
Mike

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:Are you kidding? It looks like an anorexic tweeker Hornet... The T-38 at least had the size of, and was developed into a viable true fighter plane. Yes, it’s a good looking trainer. But there is no way that could be mistaken for a real warplane.
Mike

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm... wonder what would the Thunderbird markings would look like on a Typhoon or Gripen jet... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That’s definitely a more flattering angle for the type than the frontal quarter view. :hmm:

But I think that Boeing hired someone from Fisher Price to design the front end... :tease:

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”