Banned again....

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Re: Banned again....

Post by midnightprowler »

When you guys get to over 100 started, and have a build started 27 years ago that you haven't finished, let me know. :whistle: :tease: I agree, If someone has a idea on how I can do something better, I'd like to know. My builds are FAR from perfect and I know it. I always try to improve. I like to share my work.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I have one sidelined that I estimate about 26 years now at this point. But nowhere near 100 started and sidelined. I’m not happy with the thirty plus kits that I do have started and sidelined for whatever reason. My goal over the next few years is to get that number into a single digit range. I did finish two of them last year, and have finished everything else that I started last year, so that helps.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I probably have 15/20 in various stages of finish. I keep going through boxes now and again. Finding one and finishing it. Some are so amazingly close I often wonder why I put it up in the first place. It's like a scavenger hunt of sorts.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Most of mine were sidelined due to over commitment to GBs. I’ll start too many at once and not have enough time to finish them. Once I’m past the deadline I sideline them and repeat the process...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I was very lucky to find SPAM first for model building. From everyone here I have learned to be a better modeler and by that I mean not simply more informed about the subjects themselves, but with a much deeper understanding of the way a project comes together. In my time here I have improved in leaps and bounds from following projects here, and I know that I have more to learn, too. Everyone here holds close to the heart one ideal: “Whatever you do, do it well.”

I have to take more time ruminating about several points made by Dragline and not in a critical fashion. I have to think about the vanity of the maker. Whom are we making what we make for, ultimately, is a very interesting question in and of itself. Having closely followed all members here I believe our forum is in itself an online museum and functions as a research institute as well, but I may be stretching what it is we do. Yes, building models is our primary function, but we do this for all sorts of reasons. I think one of the most important is to retain the ability of a child to look at the world in wonder, to see the past as viable present for our imaginations and to deliver satisfaction to ourselves and others on a primal level.

As far as the current of this thread towards the unbuilt and unfinished, I think it is in our nature to stop when we are learning a lesson and take a look behind us to the past and in front of us to the future. Also incremental learning is part of what we do daily. Everyone here has their own style and strength; that’s one of the many reasons this forum is safe haven for new ideas.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I have four on the bench that are currently being worked on and 6 on the shelf that are in various stages of build. Most of them near or at the painting stage. I have a Revell B-25 that has been sitting there for 3-4 years. It was a beast of a kit and I didn't like where it was going. It will probably get ditched for good.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Let's see :hmm:
I have 4 ships in process and 3 planes.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Modelcrazy wrote:Let's see :hmm:
I have 4 ships in process and 3 planes.
Yes but one of them is an over the top,super impressive IJN Akagi :bye: :bow:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I have about 20-24 partially built, some are ships, most are armor with airplanes coming in a close second. I always seem to stall on planes since I've been building so many large ones which take a ton of time and effort.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

speedgraflex wrote:I was very lucky to find SPAM first for model building. From everyone here I have learned to be a better modeler and by that I mean not simply more informed about the subjects themselves, but with a much deeper understanding of the way a project comes together. In my time here I have improved in leaps and bounds from following projects here, and I know that I have more to learn, too. Everyone here holds close to the heart one ideal: “Whatever you do, do it well.”

I have to take more time ruminating about several points made by Dragline and not in a critical fashion. I have to think about the vanity of the maker. Whom are we making what we make for, ultimately, is a very interesting question in and of itself. Having closely followed all members here I believe our forum is in itself an online museum and functions as a research institute as well, but I may be stretching what it is we do. Yes, building models is our primary function, but we do this for all sorts of reasons. I think one of the most important is to retain the ability of a child to look at the world in wonder, to see the past as viable present for our imaginations and to deliver satisfaction to ourselves and others on a primal level.

As far as the current of this thread towards the unbuilt and unfinished, I think it is in our nature to stop when we are learning a lesson and take a look behind us to the past and in front of us to the future. Also incremental learning is part of what we do daily. Everyone here has their own style and strength; that’s one of the many reasons this forum is safe haven for new ideas.

So well articulated in every way. You truly see to the heart of it all.

This place is truly my home now.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...

Return to “Free Discussion”