GERONIMO!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

GERONIMO!

Post by Stikpusher »

Came across this video today. The 82nd has some troopers on exercise in Eastern Europe right now. Great jump footage!

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/embed/794339
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: GERONIMO!

Post by jeaton01 »

I couldn't see anything wrong with the airplane!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Great video. Dropping a line of troops is impressive.
Imagine under fire, brave dudes for sure.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

jeaton01 wrote:I couldn't see anything wrong with the airplane!
:lol: :lol:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

That's insane. Those guys have bigger balls than I do.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now imagine doing that on a moonless night... :shocked:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'd do a jump if they took me along for the ride. :lashed:

This is one of the adventures I'd love to do on my bucket list. Others are...
Bungie jump
Wing gliding
Go hang gliding
Go up in a hot air balloon
Go up in a glider
Go for a ride in an open cockpit vintage aircraft. This I'm hoping to do this year. I found a WW1 aircraft museum called Rhinebeck Air Museum down in the Hudson Valley region. About 2 hours drive from me.

Helicopter ride
C-47 Skytrain ride - Whiskey 7 is down for repairs at the Geneseo Air Museum (Finger Lakes region)
Ride in a fighter jet - one can dream though.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Come to NZ, you can do all that in a day :grin:
Seriously though. During the tourist season in central otago you can do all of those things one after the other. And the jet ride you can do in auckland.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Do you know - I think I could do a static line jump :hmm: Once you get past the actual jump the ride down looks quite peaceful, certainly more so than a skydive.

Whether I'd want to do it on a moonless night though Stik... You've got balls man, I'll give you that. How many jumps did you actually do?

That's a good list Tom - and certainly one of the cheapest and easiest would be the glider flight. Most gliding clubs offer a trail/experience flight that doesn't cost very much, and it's a lot of fun. I used to belong to such a club and we took people up for one off flights all the time.

I've with you on the jet ride, you can dream. I've always wanted to go to the edge of space in something like a U-2 or Mig-25/31... 0% chance of that ever happening though. :sad:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart I have 30 jumps. More than a few, but not a whole lot. And yes, the ride down is quite nice, with quite a view. The big challenges are exit, depending upon aircraft type, and landing. :giggles:

I’d also love to do the glider/sailplane flight, and fly in an open cockpit biplane. Although that might not be too different than flying in the open door of a helicopter, aside from the direction one is seated facing. I’d also like to do the high performance jet fighter aircraft flight. Looking online, there are some of those available here and there around the world, but they’re not cheap.

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”