1/48 Tamiya Me-262-Updates-06/15

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Me-262-Progress- 02 April

Post by Stuart »

Excellent progress Joe - that's coming along nicely!

You want fun seams to clean up - I'll send you my Tornado, the upper fuselage half is slightly larger than the bottom... :whiteflag:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Now it's starting to look like an airplane! Brilliant work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks fellas! Due to some issues at work, my time on the forums has been limited but I'm trying to make a comeback. I have not, however, given up bench time.

Of the Tamiya kits that I have put together, I haven't yet seen one with such a bad fit between the fuselage/ wing join areas....until now. I've been sanding all week long and will produce some photos of the results when I'm done with that process.

Here's the pics of what I'm up against though. A most terrible fit for such a good kit. At first I thought it was due to the aftermarket landing gear bay pieces but all of those clear the inside of the wing bottom. Dunno what it was but in any case.....I had my work cut out for me.

and the topside aint any better...

Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Seeing the extent of the gaps, for the last few days Joe, I can see why you have been stuck sanding and scribing for as long as you have. I hope you are close to being able to move on and start slapping some color on this one. I look forward to seeing more of this one soon!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yep - I had the exact same issue come to think of it when I built mine!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Oh wow - those are some of the most frustrating issues to deal with. :sad:
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for the comments fellas! It's looking like all the sanding is now coming to a close. I did have to rescribe a couple of panel lines and re-drill a few rivets but it looks like I may down for paint in the coming days. It's gonna be really rainy here today so I'm going to have to exercise some patience over the next few days. :bored:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Patience? Was.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL! Thanks for taggin' along Lyle.

Alright....there was a delay this morning in rain action so ....I went into action. Black basing....complete!

mustang1989

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Me-262-Black Based-04/17

Post by mustang1989 »

Alright gang. I spent alot of yesterday doing a total rebuild on my newly acquired Holley 650 Double pumper carburetor for my Silverado. While I was at it I added the Power Valve Blowout check valve in the baseplate and installed a Throttle Position Sensor on the R/H side of the carburetor. Once wired in the computer will have the throttle angle input for transmission shift control. Just gotta get the fuel lines all figured out and get my HEI distributor installed and then we'll be good to go.

My long tube headers came in yesterday so I'll be installing those this upcoming Friday.

Hey, some people like to fish. I like to wrench and go fast. :giggles:

Now .....back to modeling. I got the warble pattern applied this morning. Looking forward to getting some paint on this thing finally.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”