Flanker Madness

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Flanker Madness

Post by Stuart »

That's just bloody awesome Fermis!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Wow, you are really cranking on the Flankers! Great result on both the J-15 and Su-35!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stunning work Jeremy! Man, you are far beyond my capabilities man, I am overwhelmed at your work. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Much appreciated, fellas!

I have begun the pre-shading on the BIG 27....all the smaller, separate stuff is pre-shaded, and I'm about half way with the main airframe. I have gotten so used to doing 1/72 stuff, it feels like I'm never going to get to the end of pre-shading this monster!

Airport duty has been kicking my butt. It just keeps snowing! We got another 7-8 inches the other night...pulled yet another all-nighter runnin the broom truck.

It'll sweep 20 feet wide. 6 passes on the runway...4 on taxiway Alpha and 2 passes on Bravo. Takes about 4-4.5 hours to do everything. Beats the hell out of the 7+ hours it used to take with the old tractor!

We've got about 15 inches or so on the ground right now. Finally got my place dug out today...

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Nice broom truck! Beats a shovel, too...you should borrow it for the house.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I was thinking the same thing... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, that brings back memories Jeremy! Still, all that snow is additional job security. I'm glad you're still working.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Truth be told...I don't do it for the money. That wouldn't be worth it...but I wouldn't do it for free either!
The only reason we do this through the night is in case Survival Flight has to go out.
The way I figure it (in no particular order)...
1. Keeps me "in the loop" around the airport.
2. Having a clean runway is a bonus for anyone else trying to get in/out (typically, weather is crap and nobody's flying anyway)
3. If S/F has to go...somebody out there is having a far worse day than I am. (I'd say that's the main reason I do it)
4. About half my hours there are spent building models!
5. Who else could they find to work this sporadic schedule? (I have the free time and don't really NEED the money)

I budget for winter during the summer.
There does always seem to be a job or two pop up in winter though...that's all extra!
In fact, I just finished redoing a fireplace yesterday...

Before...

After...

Airport duty again tonight...only calling for just enough for me to need to be there....I foresee some glue meeting some plastic!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Now that’s a proper fireplace!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

It would be much more proper with a moose rack!

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”