Classic Biplane Duelists

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Classic Biplane Duelists

Post by Floki »

Looks amazing Carlos! You are a wizard when it comes to turning these old kits into something that rivals the new tool kits
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Clint. My driving force on such old kits is remembering seeing them built up in the local hobby shops long ago and wanting to build that good some day. I guess that some day is here and now.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

jeaton01 wrote:Bruce, one of the handiest anecdotes that has helped me is the story of a man on his deathbed, saying "I've had a lot of trouble in my life but most of it never happened".

I've still done the same as you, worrying about some step I haven't gotten to yet that turns out to be not that bad. Balanced by a few kits that persistently proved to be worse than I imagined.
John Eaton: wisdom, wise words, truly. I am very grateful you shared this quote, and I apologize for being tardy with my response.
Duke Maddog wrote:Bruce, magnificent work! I am also thrilled to see this moving forward. I think a light sanding with a fine sanding stick or pad will help smooth out that white on the fuselage. You got this man!

I love watching you build model Bruce! I'm sure it's an even bigger experience seeing it in person.
Likewise; Duke: you are a king amongst model builders in any scale you choose. I believe we all make decisions about not simply scale but also subject choices to suit our interests, personalities and drive to create and recreate our connections to the past. I have learned many things from your work and I am learning more all the time.
Stikpusher wrote:Thank you Clint. My driving force on such old kits is remembering seeing them built up in the local hobby shops long ago and wanting to build that good some day. I guess that some day is here and now.
Carlos: Yes, yes! Likewise; ditto!

I want to address this area which John Kim pointed out correctly is quite rough. Originally I was going to simply leave this but I think an opportunity to use metal foil is present. I’m going to look for my metal foil adhesives and try out making a foil piece that has a “drip cap” at its base.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Beautiful work Bruce! It does look perfectly rough.

BTW, Hobby Day is this coming Saturday. I'll be opening the Hall on Friday around noon. Saturday, I'm going to a graduation but expect to be back at the Hall around noon or noon-thirty. Just a heads up.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking good Bruce! Using foil is something that I definitely need to learn to work into my bag of tricks! I’ll watch and learn from your efforts.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Any updates on this Bruce? Excited to see if this one done.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Tom, I was waiting for the oil paint to cure. I checked about a week ago. The oil paint on the wings is now officially cured. Besides checking on the paint, no updates to report.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Glad to hear that the wings have cured. Looking forward to seeing this again.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Is it done yet? :bored: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Safely boxed. My buddy will be taking my entire model kit inventory into storage in Utah for the next six months. I may be leaving town for awhile.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”