Trumpeter 1/32nd Me 262A-1a

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Trumpeter 1/32nd Me 262A-1a

Post by keavdog »

Looks great - must be a big bird at 1/32!
Thanks,
John
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks John. It is a fair size, but not as big as i expected. its actually smaller than my Ju 87.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Whip that thing into shape! I have had two of these kits and for one reason or another I never got around to finishing them. Looking forward to a show stopper.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Wait a dang minute.... :wow: ....Bish...and NOT 1/72

I'm not mad...just a little hurt.

:tease:
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys.

Paul, we will see.

Fermis, it happens now and again. This is my 5th in this scale and i do have a few more.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

It's cool...I stray from time to time too!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yep, and that hurts me too since I also build 1/72 scale. Then I see how brilliantly masterful your work is and I am thrilled again!

Bish, looking magnificent man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys. I do like the od larger scale for the extra detail. Decided if i am going to do larger subjects for the detail, i might as wel go 32nd rather than 48th. As i am only doing German subjects in this scale, there is nothing to big, unless some one releses a Condor.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

:giggles: Give it time.... :whistle:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

I live in hope.

Finally got the 262 painted up. The Eagle Cal sheets give 2 options for the colours of this aircraft. The underside is RLM 76 and the lighter top colour 82. But the darker colour is either 82 or 83. There are of course 2 versions of 83, the original brown option or the later green one. Most colour profiles of this show the brown version and i like that combination with the 82 so thats what i went with. Xtracolor's 83 switched from the brown to the green variant a few years ago, so i used colorcoats for that, all other colours including the Reich Defense band are Xtracolor.

The photo's of this aircraft don't show the tail. Some profiles show mottling while others, including the decal instructions, are solid. While other aircraft in the unit were solid coours, i went for mottling. After painting i gave the top a coat of Aqua Gloss as the colorcoats is matt unlike the gloss xtracolor.

As i was checking the referance pic prior to adding the decals i spotted somthing i should have seen before. They show my subject does not have the bulge on the gun bay doors. These were added to the late versions when the cartridge ejection chutes were changed from the standard curved type to an L shape. My kit has the curved chutes but the late style bulges. I am just glad my subject is not a late type as it was easier to remove the bulges than change the chutes, especially at this stage. When i checked further, i noticed my subject did not have the late type pilots head armour which the kit includes. So the kit is a bt of a mix and its easier to turn it into a standard version than it is a late version.

So i sanded off the bulges and then just brushed a light coat of flat black before re-painting.

Then the decals. The stencils are from the kit, everything else eagle Call. I did have a couple of these break up, one of the underwing crosses and one of the chevrons. The cross i manage to pul together but i had to patch the chevron with black paint.

I have since given it anotehr gloss coat, so next some weathering. Going to try oils instead of flory.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”