Hasegawa 1/72 F-117A Nighthawk

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/72 F-117A Nighthawk

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent choice Stuart. This will be fun to watch. I need to build another one too so I can replace the one stolen...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:wow: Stolen? What?!

Now that I've finished my Sabre and FW190, it's time to get this one back on the bench - here's where I was with it...

(God I'm looking forward to getting rid of that shiny plastic!)

I just need to fix the canopy in place before I can start painting. Since touching this last in April, I've since purchased some black primer and some Tamiya NATO black as I hear it's a good copy. I've also just ordered some masks for the canopy as I don't fancy cutting tape to match all those triangles - & before anyone dies of shock at the thought of me actually masking, one of the things the FW taught me was the value of doing this - especially as I've moved over to spray clear coats...

I haven't tried the Mr Hobby Super Clear Gloss yet, but the Citadel was used on the FW, it dries a nice satin/semi-matt. I might actually spray the u/c bays on this one too.

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

He's not the only one. I had not one, but TWO model.kits stolen from me under my nose IN MY OWN HOME! :scream: :scream: :scream:

I had a 1/48 scale Tamiya A-10 Warthog kit and a 1/144 scale B-52 Stratofortress kit that included markings for Griffiss AFB - at the time Griffiss was a victim of Air Force base realignment for closures.
I bought that kit at a LHS a the time where a lot of Griffiss AF personnel were grabbing them for keepsakes and to build them. (Griffiss AFB is located 1/2 hr drive from me)

I had moved in our house a year and I knew where I stored them in my basement. I suspected we had contractors fixing our drainage issues in the basement (Roto Router) that swiped them for themselves.

I keep convincing myself I must've hid them elsewhere but gave up searching. I had accepted they were stolen. By then, I couldn't prove they stole it because it could have been other contractors we had come to the house (furnace repairman, electrician or carpet folks on our stairs).

I still love to get that B-52 kit again though.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I now how you feel Blacksheep. What hurt worse for me was that mine were already built. I have yet to build replacements so far. I've got to get on that....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Man that sucks Guys - I hope they superglued them to their arses!

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:hmm: Wow. I've never had a model stolen. That would piss me off and no one would be safe. :ballbat:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Come to think of it, while I was cleaning up debris from a downed limb of a past Friday's storm, I saw a tandem of F-117s over my head heading to Griffiss AFB direction.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Now that's cool!

I've got the decals on!

Cheers!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks good Stuart! I only saw F-117s twice. Once as a ground display at the El Toro open house air show in the mid 90s, and a flight demonstration at Edwards AFB Open House a year or so later. The 117 is a lot more agile in flight than I thought that it would be.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Looks good Stuart! I only saw F-117s twice. Once as a ground display at the El Toro open house air show in the mid 90s, and a flight demonstration at Edwards AFB Open House a year or so later. The 117 is a lot more agile in flight than I thought that it would be.
Thanks Carlos! I'm just trying to sort out the streaking in the clear coats (I may have actually come up with a plan to get rid of that issue permanently) and then it's onto the final assembly.

I'd love to have seen one. I hadn't appreciated just how big this jet was!

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”