Revell Germany 1/48 X-35A

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Re: Revell Germany 1/48 X-35A

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart wrote:Okay so I'm curious - what was the fifth kit you didn't buy at the PX!?
That was another Revell Germany kit. Their boxing of the old Monogram M34 2 1/2 Ton Truck and Willys Jeep. Not so much for the jeep, but I do want the truck. I built one as a kid, and now I want to do another.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah excellent - that would be cool!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And it was dirt cheap on clearance near the end of my time there. Now looking online the same kit is damned expensive... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos it has been a thrill to get caught up on all the detail work you did on this in the previous build thread. As everyone else said, this is a brilliant finish to an awesome conversion. Way to go Carlos! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mark. I’m happy that you like it. Too bad I’m not local to O.C. IPMS anymore to bring it in when meetings resume.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

True, but you could always come to Orangecon once we start having them again. BTW, Dave Fredericks is planning on starting some Zoom meets for the club to see how many join in. After all, everyone else is doing them.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Woah... that's pretty badass! I really like the dark grey component to the camo and it's executed so well! It's a sweet result and you should be proud of representing the prototype with panache! Great job, Carlos! More aircraft please!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you John. I have more aircraft planned for this year, so hopefully those plans will beat fruit and you’ll like what you see.

Mark, I got that email about the Zoom meeting, so I do plan to join the meeting if life allows. Even if I’m no longer a paying member in good standing... :tongue:

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

That looks great to my eyes, but I'm no expert. The variation in the grey is especially nice and the scheme is pretty damned sexy. I read all you did to it and that sounds like it was a bear of a task.

Well done boyo!
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Bob. Yes there were times with this where I was having a bear of a time on trying to fix the shortcomings. But in the end it looks nice enough on my shelf. It won’t win any prizes, and it’s got some accuracy shortcomings, but it works.

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”