1/32 Revell Me262B-1/U-1 Nachtjager Red 10

Post your completed aircraft here.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Revell Me262B-1/U-1 Nachtjager Red 10

Post by tempestjohnny »

I wish I had 50% of the skills, patience, and attention to every minute detail you have John. You are truly a great model building master
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

:shoutout: :bow: Beautiful.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

It's always a joyride for my eyes to examine one of your finished builds. I really like the way you're able to accentuate certain areas with your weathering without going over board. That's a nice personal touch.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Damn... that’s simply beautiful. All your builds look so realistic just like the real thing. Looking forward to your next adventure. Take a little break to recharge.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

LyleW wrote:Just unbelievable! Beautiful, elegant...
Thanks Lyle! The Me262 design IS elegant in many ways. Definitely cuts a unique profile when compared to the prop aircraft of its generation.

speedgraflex wrote:Always a pleasure to see your work when finished, John. I know you usually shoot outdoors. Is that why there is a violent cast to the presumably white background? I love the tonality of your work, and the camera angles are exquisite. Truly. I think the profile views are incredible. I feel as with your Corsair, this project sets the bar for anyone else making the attempt to do this particular aircraft, and that, my friend, is high praise indeed. Congratulations!
Thanks Bruce! Yes, I'm shooting outside with no additional lighting. Color correcting for the aircraft in the foreground resulting in some non-white backgrounds. Is that what is causing that color cast in the shadows? I'll have to pay more attention to that in the future. I also noted some artifacts... I may have some dust on my sensor that I need to blow off.

Stikpusher wrote:Take a few days away from the bench and recharge John. The model will be there when you’re ready.
Yes but the desire to model is there. Just not motivated to pick up where I left off on the D-13 which is cockpit painting. These dark grey Luftwaffe cockpits can be a bit stifling to work on. Maybe I'll jump to some other area.

keavdog wrote:Fantastic job. Really like the camo - museum piece!
Thank you! The camo painting really flowed when I stopped trying to control the brush strokes too much. The freestyle approach work a lot better and I think it improved the result.

Floki wrote:Excellent work John! I have to say my favorite part in all of this is the radar operators curtains. I've never seen a build where they was made. But the entire build is amazing and as always I was able to learn a few things from you.
Thanks Clint! I like those curtains too! As with many of the suggestions that I receive during the course of the build, my first reaction was, "Well go ahead and add those on YOUR build dude!" But looking at the photos, I could make out the curtains quite clearly and thought I'd give it a shot. It took a few iterations but I'm happy I added them. I like these types of small details that set the build apart from others. Like the difference in the camo demarcation between the port and starboard engine nacelles. Or the sloppy dark green areas around the horizontal stabilizers. The little overspray on the port "10". The little details hopefully add up to a more convincing result.

tempestjohnny wrote:I wish I had 50% of the skills, patience, and attention to every minute detail you have John. You are truly a great model building master
Thank you but I'm not a master! Just someone with a passion for building models and trying to get better!

midnightprowler wrote::shoutout: :bow: Beautiful.
Thank you sir! Glad you like it!

mostrich wrote:It's always a joyride for my eyes to examine one of your finished builds. I really like the way you're able to accentuate certain areas with your weathering without going over board. That's a nice personal touch.
Thanks so much! Weathering is such a subjective form and I think my tastes vary depending on the subject and what sort of mood I'm in. But I do believe in the power of subtlety and try to use that whenever I can.

BlackSheep214 wrote:Damn... that’s simply beautiful. All your builds look so realistic just like the real thing. Looking forward to your next adventure. Take a little break to recharge.
Thanks! My approach has always been authenticity over accuracy. I'm not one who is going to get every rivet and panel line correct but if I pay attention to certain key details that I feel are important and get those right, I think the presentation is going benefit from that effort.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Absolutely incredible work as always John!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Simply amazing work! What a fantastic build.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

What a stunning, phenomenal build! Exquisite details and weathering all around! Man, I wish I had 25% of your modeling skills! I am overwhelmed at the quality here; if this were posed in front of a natural background or real hanger it would be almost impossible to tell it was a model!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Medicman71 wrote:Absolutely incredible work as always John!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thanks Doc!

Scruffy wrote:Simply amazing work! What a fantastic build.
Thanks for checking the build out!

Duke Maddog wrote:What a stunning, phenomenal build! Exquisite details and weathering all around! Man, I wish I had 25% of your modeling skills! I am overwhelmed at the quality here; if this were posed in front of a natural background or real hanger it would be almost impossible to tell it was a model!
Thanks Duke! I owe it all to the internet!

FYI... I re-processed the photos to get rid of that violet cast in the shadows. Thanks for the heads up, Bruce!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Another stunning 262 John - very very good work indeed. The finish of this one is particularly nice - subtly worn and not overly weathered.

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Completed Builds”