BlackSheep finds Panzer kit!!!

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: BlackSheep finds Panzer kit!!!

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:The tools are usually painted metal and varnished wood. But of course they wear to bare surfaces with use. The metal parts can be olivgrau RAL 6006, or black when new.
Ok... replicating wood can be challenging.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Really looking sharp and your color research is tops! I sincerely appreciate the way you set out to build your projects the right way. A pleasure to follow along with you.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This is probably one of the better color shots that shows the tools well enough. I don’t think that it’s too hard to replicate this look, although the tools are wet.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Here are the stowage in question.. boxes (steel I assume) crowbar, shovel, Not too much but good enough.

I will apply a wash in mesh grill areas and springs.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:This is probably one of the better color shots that shows the tools well enough. I don’t think that it’s too hard to replicate this look, although the tools are wet.

That is a great photo to work with.

I'm not much of an expert in weathering tanks since I rarely build them. I still have one other tank in my stash I need to get back to. :wink:

Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That's a great colored photo. Really doing great work on this.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

So far, I've primed the vinyl tracks and sprayed a coat of Humbrol Track Brown, Pics forthcoming...

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Floki wrote:That's a great colored photo. Really doing great work on this.
It’s not a colorized photo, it’s actual period color photography.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Some updates from last night and this morning. I used AK Interactive Paneliner on this baby and am happy with the results.

Tracks airbrushed with Humbrol Track Brown last night, applied AK Interactive Brown/Green Paneliner this morning. Vinyl track has paneliner brushed on inside portion and drying now. Sprue part done on both sides. I'll do opposite side later tonight.

Last night, I applied the whole tank using AK Interactive Black/blue Paneliner. The results...

This morning. painted the shovel blade Olivgrun RAL 6006 (RLM 71) and headlights painted silver Will go back and use silver pencil to dress up the shovel blade a bit to give it a worn look. Headlights will be done as well to tone down the brightness.

The turrent...

Not ready to attempt any mud application since I don't have anything for it. :bag:

I'm slowly gaining a little bit of confidence in doing armor kits with paneliner and such. I still have another tank kit that's been put off from a couple years back. I should have applied decals first but oh well, :headbang: :bored: That'll get done soon enough and I know what to do next.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Those AK products help! That looks good. You may want to hit the head of the sledge on the opposite fender from the shovel with some other color as well.

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”