M48A3 Patton - Tamiya

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
LyleW
Admin

M48A3 Patton - Tamiya

Post by LyleW »

With all the Patton tanks being done by Carlos and Mark....it piqued my interest to start the one I had in the stash-a-roonie. Hope you guys don't mind.

This is directly the reason tor the archeological dig in the Piddle Palace. Assembling the upper road wheels,

Went to clamp it with one of these

And, ping, BLASTOFF! Queue up "Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder" and the "Twilight Zone Theme". I have yet to find it on the desk the floor in the immediate area. Scientific analysis of the possible trajectories indicate "who the heck knows?". It is entirely possible it went to the left side of the area, a no mans land of jumble and other detritus. So, it is being sorted through. I have sent a message to Tamiya USA to see if they can send replacement parts.

Before the liftoff, I did manage to get the road wheels done, all the upper wheels done and most of the chassis.

The search will continue for the prodigal upper wheel. Updates as needed.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: M48A3 Patton - Tamiya

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Woohoo! Lyle has come to the Dark Side!

Besides, you can never have too many or even enough Patton tanks on here... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Only if the dark side gives up the missing wheel! Still nothing.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Found it...on the desk. Where I cleaned, looked, moved stuff....sitting right out in the open. The modellng gods are having a fun-filled day.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

It probably went through some sort of worm hole then after several hours exited said worm hole in a sense time traveled. Or that is how I like to explain loosing a part like that just to have it appear in front of me hours or even days later after looking all over for it.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That makes as much sense as anything I’ve come up with!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Floki wrote:It probably went through some sort of worm hole then after several hours exited said worm hole in a sense time traveled. Or that is how I like to explain loosing a part like that just to have it appear in front of me hours or even days later after looking all over for it.
:giggles: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hey Lyle... next time tie a strong thread around it next time it goes “ping” .... :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Or glue it to the desk first....

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”