1/35 Tiger II Ausf B "Late production" - Revell/ICM

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
KSaarni
Elite Member

1/35 Tiger II Ausf B "Late production" - Revell/ICM

Post by KSaarni »

It's funny how one owns opinion can change dramatically, to make a 180 degree turn.

I have never really been interested in the King Tiger or Tiger II before, but when I saw the tank "live" some time ago, my opinion totally changed.

To see the sheer size of the beast, the shape, the details, made me curious to try to build one.
Perhaps not exactly the same object as I saw, but still a tank that was (perhaps even knocked out) in the Belgian Ardennes late 1944.

So, made some research of different kits, despite that Meng was the preferred one, when I saw the Revell/ICM kit on the shelf in a general store, I made an instant decision and went for the Revell kit. Which again is originally ICM's kit from 2016, rather new in other words.

The kit itself is pretty straight forward to build, will not be too challenging. The plastic of the sprues is soft, perhaps a little bit too soft. And tis probably might be one reason that for example the upper hull is slightly twisted and will need some bending exercise.

What I especially enjoy most, in building tanks, is that you can immediately start to glue the pieces together! As most of the paintwork will happen in a later stage. So you actually will have something concrete in your hands pretty soon. Airplanes being more or a less the opposite, with cockpait detailing etc etc.

Let's see what this build will lead us into!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Re: 1/35 Tiger II Ausf B "Late production" - Revell/ICM

Post by LyleW »

What a journey to this point! I am eager to see you build the beast!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I know exactly what you mean about suddenly developing an interest in a previously disinterested subject after seeing one in person. And yes, most armor builds give you more rapid visible progress. Even when they do have an interior. This should be enjoyable to watch!
:popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I've often wondered about building a 1/35 Tiger. I'm not particularity interested in the subject as such, but I'd love to see one built up next to my Panzer II - just to see the size difference.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This should be good Kari. I'll be watching.

Stuart wrote::popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I've often wondered about building a 1/35 Tiger. I'm not particularity interested in the subject as such, but I'd love to see one built up next to my Panzer II - just to see the size difference.

Well, if I can pull mine out of my tubs, I could set them down to show the size difference for you. Trust me, it is quite significant!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hey that's be cool Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Duke Maddog wrote:This should be good Kari. I'll be watching.
Many thanks Mark !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”