1/72 Toxso/Revell Scud launcher

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

1/72 Toxso/Revell Scud launcher

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

So, I am working on a 1/72 Revell (originally Toxso) scud launcher. This is a review model for the ipms so haven’t posted that much about it.

The basic painting is done. My normal (aircraft) sequence would be gloss coat, wash, flat coat. Then maybe some “sand effects” in this case. So what would you armor guys advice? Is that the correct sequence? Is a gloss coat necessary?

ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Re: 1/72 Toxso/Revell Scud launcher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’d say stick with your usual finishing sequence. Even if you’re not adding any decals, the gloss coat helps with the flow of washes over the surface. Is it necessary? Not really, but it is more helpful in my experience compared to doing a wash on a non gloss coated surface.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I'm with Stik. Washes flow over glossy surfaces and clean up easier as well. Other than that you are doing great.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Thanks for the advice!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Having built this model already, I'd agree with Carlos and Dragline. That is the sequence I used when I built this. Decals of course, go one after gloss. I don't know what version you're doing, but if it is the Iraqi one, then you could add some dark green chipping lightly along most of the raised surfaces. That is what I did with mine.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”