The Duke Reaches Another Milestone

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Reaches Another Milestone

Post by Duke Maddog »

That's right. With these five most recent completions, I've reached the milestone of 800 small scale vehicles built.

Without further ado, here they are.

First two to come in were the two Churchill AVRE's I was building for the Churchill Challenge on Missing Lynx.

the Churchill MK.3 AVRE:

and the Churchill Mk.4 AVRE:

After that, I finished the three tank transporters that I was doing for the Group Build on Missing Lynx. First to be done was the Japanese Type 78 Tank Transporter:

And since it is a Tank Transporter, here it is with a tank-like vehicle on it:

Next came the M-977 HEMMTT Tank Transporter. This thing gave me fits! It isn't complete yet, just finished as I can't go any further until I find the big circular thing that goes on the side:

And here it is with a tank-like vehicle as well. It is quite small, you can see this M-1117 Guardian barely fits:

And finally, my 800th small scale vehicle finished. Like the HEMMTT, it ain't complete yet; just finished until I can find or replace that rear axle sub-assembly.

Here is my M-1070 HET Tank Transporter:

And here it is hauling an M-1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK I:

Later I'll finish the Dozer that originally came with that kit. Until then, I just had to pose it with a tank since the other two tank transporters had tank or tank-like vehicle loads.

There they are my first five models finished for the month of October. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke Reaches Another Milestone

Post by Stikpusher »

Congrats to you Mark on reaching the 800 builds completed milestone! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: That has got to be at least a brigades worth and then some of combat and support vehicles! :wow:
That is quite an achievement! I can only imagine how your motor pool looks in person now... :hmm:
Next mile marker, 850... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

All look good Duke! 800 wow where do you display all of them at?
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Just amazing, Mark! Congratulations!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations, Mark! Your work is inspiring and all the more so because you detail the steps of building so well. I always learn from you, and I sincerely congratulate you upon reaching 800!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Congrats to you Mark on reaching the 800 builds completed milestone! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: That has got to be at least a brigades worth and then some of combat and support vehicles! :wow:
That is quite an achievement! I can only imagine how your motor pool looks in person now... :hmm:
Next mile marker, 850... :whistle:
Thank you Carlos! I do believe you are right about a brigade sized force. It might be possible soon to see it all 'in person' so to speak. I was told that in November the Hall was going to be opened for a very small gathering of guys from Hobby Day. It was suggested that I bring everything in and lay it out on the tables again and take pics. As for the next mile marker; once I get back to the bench I have a few shelf queens that will jump start the run to that next milestone.
Floki wrote:All look good Duke! 800 wow where do you display all of them at?
Thanks Floki! Right now they are not on display; except for the most recent ones done since August last year. The rest are still in the tubs I packed them in to take them to Chattanooga. I have no space to display them in my Hobby Room.

Thanks Lyle and Blacksheep; I appreciate you stopping in to see these.

Bruce, thank you! I'm so thrilled to see you posting here. I'm also glad that a basic guy like me can still teach you something. Thanks again for the congratulations.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! 800 builds? That's insane!! Congrats! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Medic! Yeah, I am a bit insane....

And those are just the armor builds too....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

You never stop to impress us, Mark. You're the braille scale machine!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”