Tamiya M-41 Bulldog

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Tamiya M-41 Bulldog

Post by Dragline »

This is my first tank model ever. Hobb Lobby had a sale and with my coupon I think I paid $7.00 total for it. I was nervous attempting my first armor model. After watching many hours of Night Shift and Plasmo on Youtube I figured I'd plunge in and just get into the deep end.

Testors rattle can basecoat, pigments and some wear later and we have this. I think a base would be great for context and that is a place I am getting ready for at this point in time. I have lots of inspiration here to keep me motivated.

Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya M-41 Bulldog

Post by BlackSheep214 »

You can still get 40% coupon everyday, not whenever there's a sale on model kits. Go to Hobby Lobby site on your phone, pull up 40% coupon to use in store. Can't use it on sale items though.

I seen that kit at Hobby Lobby the other day and had debated on getting it. I opt not to.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice job for your first armor build. It took me many years and a lot more tries to get my armor builds to that level. You’re doing just fine! Very nice to see that your dabbling in armor as well as all of your other subjects.

Tom, I’d say get this kit sometime. Especially at Hobby Lobby for their 40% off price. You can’t go wrong. It builds up as easy as your Panzer II, and is a perfect introductory kit for trying out basic or advanced techniques upon. I built one in the early 90’s, dressing it up a bit, and will likely do another one day and do more improvements on it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Done a excellent job on your first armor kit! I know my first was a train wreck.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I think having decades of modeling experience certainly helped this one come out decently. A fry cry from what i see around here but it looks OK from my house.

This kit does build up very easily and it was suggested to me by a very experienced armor builder as a way to ease into this genre of building. I took his sage advice and it worked well. I have a Tamiya Easy Eight that is 75% done and I'm ready to start thinking about finishing it. I also have a Dragon Abrams and Tiger with Porsche turret in the wings. For air I have some small 1/72 Tamiya kits, a Revell Corsair F4U and ME262. I also have a vintage Droop Snoot and some other random Dauntless. i have enough for quite a while.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I think this needs a couple of anntenaes.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, stowage and antennas help a tank look much better.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I'm not sure why I didn't add them. The bases are there and I think they were a bit thick so I cut them off. I'll stretch some sprue, drill some holes and get that done.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stretched sprue is fragile, and tends to break easily where it meets the mount. I would suggest getting ahold of some music wire or fine gauge brass wire for more durable antennas.

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”