World War Toons Tiger and Panther

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: World War Toons Tiger and Panther

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Duke Maddog wrote:While I know of a couple people who hate these things, the vast majority recognize them for what they are: pure fun! I have done a couple egg planes myself; one was a done for a one hour build challenge at a club barbecue. I was the only one who got mine to the decal stage, so I won a 1/32 scale Visible Mustang kit as a prize.

I also remember at the most recent IPMS nationals, one person built at least one of every egg plane, toon tank or chibi ship there is and placed them in a chicken coop setting; including a couple of them in nests surrounded by broken eggshells.

You did a fantastic job on these kits! Way to go!
That... I would have love to see. Did you take a photo of it?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I know more than a few model car builders who hate Tom Daniel. Tom Frikkin Daniel? It's hard to believe but yes. "It's a toy", "It cannot be taken seriously". Kind of like a figure builder who only builds models of actual living or once living people only. How boring!

There are a great many people who take themselves entirely too seriously. ME? I'm not one of those people.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hey now... when I was a young-un, I loved Tom Daniels design kits. :ballbat: :giggles: It was those Monogram Tom Daniels Design kits that got me hooked for life. I built a lot of them in my youth years. Vandal. Vambulance Cherry Bomb, Bad Medicine, Tijuana Taxi, and by golly I can't remember the others I've done.

Let's not forget the Street Vette that I'm currently working on now. In fact, it is a model of his real Corvette creation.

Yeah, they may be corny or toylike but hell, they were fun to build.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Blacksheep, I do believe I have some pics of that display I'll have to search through my millions of pics to see where they are.

Bob, I agree; I have too much fun to simply dismiss others who love having fun with this hobby as well.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I, personally, don’t care for the egg stuff...but to each his/her over own. I’ll agree they can be fun to look at. Just not my cup of tea.

Daniels stuff? My older brother did some of that genre a long. Long time ago. Seems we had a bunch of those molded,,, hard plastic things..about six inches tall.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I built a bunch of Tom's stuff years ago. Great fun to build back when I was suffering from AMS with the planes and figures. My favorite was the Red Barron. For fun check out his site: http://www.tomdaniel.com/. The first model I ever built was the street cleaner snaptite.
Thanks,
John
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I've missed this somehow, very fun looking builds! I've thought about getting one but I've got too many projects lined up.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”