The Duke Finishes Three in March

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke Finishes Three in March

Post by Duke Maddog »

This month was a tough month to get anything done but here I have finally gotten a few more models finished.

Let's start with the 1/72 scale ESCI Canadian Leopard 1A3 that I finished for the Micro Model Month Campaign here on the Alliance:

Not bad for an ancient kit released in the 70's...

Next up is the Zvezda 1/72 scale Russian 2S19 Self Propelled Gun:

That is one monster gun!

Finally, here is the Takom 1/72 scale US Army D-9 Bulldozer that came with the M-1070 tractor and M-1000 trailer:

Looks like the dullcoat was still a bit wet on that first pic. Finally, here is a shot of the business end of that dozer. Let me know what you think:

And that is all so far. There are a few others that might be brought across the finish line in a few more days, but just in case they aren't, you can at least take a gander at these. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke Finishes Three in March

Post by Stikpusher »

They look good Mark! I really like the dozer! Especially the head on view! :shoutout: But the Soviet SPG looks pretty imposing on its own as well... :wow:

What’s your armor completion count at now?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Awesome work Duke! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

All look good Mark but I too really like the dozer
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:They look good Mark! I really like the dozer! Especially the head on view! :shoutout: But the Soviet SPG looks pretty imposing on its own as well... :wow:

What’s your armor completion count at now?

Thanks Carlos! I'm very glad you like them. I wasn't sure about the dozer blade, but it seems to be appealing to a lot of people. Yeah, that Soviet gun does look imposing indeed! Man, I can't get over how ling that thing is!

My armor count with these done comes to 810 completed.

Thanks Medic!

Thanks Clint! I'm so thrilled to get that Dozer finished!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

How is this possible at this finish level? Riddle me that her' Maddog?

Yes, I am jealous since my shit is all packed. yes, I am getting a little antsy.
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Dragline! How is this possible? I actually don't know, but some clues are in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread. The rest come from lessons I learned here.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting more progress; possibly this weekend or after Easter.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very nice collection, Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I like the tanks, but the dozer really hits the spot for me.

Here's the only vehicle I've ever been on a racetrack with, when I built one for a farmer friend in 2008 using it. Well, I was also on it with a 140G grader and my pickup once it was done. That's my then 6 year old granddaughter Yasemin sitting on the track. It is a D9G, a 66A D9.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Blacksheep! I appreciate that.

John, thank you for the compliments as well. Wow, that is one beast of a dozer! Thank you for posting that.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”