1/10th Sioux Indian Bust

Here is the place to show of your completed figurine and diorama product.
Bish
Master Member

1/10th Sioux Indian Bust

Post by Bish »

Over the last couple of years my better half has been buying me models for my birthday. But she likes to buy me models that I probably would not buy myself and so likes to give me a challenge. One of the first she bought me, and the only one I have completed until now, was the Airfix 72nd 0/400, not bad for someone who had never rigged a plan before. Then last year she decided to get me a bust, a bit of a challenge for someone who had only recently got to grips with 35th figures, especially the faces. But rather than an SS figure, or a Luftwaffe pilot or something else I might be more familiar with, she got me this one.

Feeling daunted isn't the word. I started on it at the end of Nov, just to keep her happy, and have been working on it here and there and then spent the last week just getting stuck in. As is often the case, the things I was concerned about, in this build the face, feathers and decoration, were not nearly as bad as I thought.

The kit went together really well and its a lovely detailed model. I mostly used Acrylics and oils for washes. I used the box as a guide and just tried to copy the colours there. I am really pleased with the end result, and more importantly so is she. Now she wants to get me a collection of busts and is already lining up my next birthday pressie, Hopefully I can carry some of what I have done here over to my 35th figures and improve those even more.

Ok, enough waffle, here the pics

Thanks for looking. All comments suggestions or advice are very welcome.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
LyleW
Admin

Re: 1/10th Sioux Indian Bust

Post by LyleW »

Looks a little like Justin Beiber! Just kidding. You met that challenge head on and "whooped it" as we would say in Kentucky. Nice job.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Look whos painting busts!!! :shoutout:

And that, Sir, doesnt even look very bad - could be a bit better here and there (lights), but hey, thats nutpicking.

In the end you had fun it seems and thats the most important thing. Looking forward to see more of them - if you need help, let me know.
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Justin Beiber? Please Lyle! Don't insult the man! :puzzle: :chair:

That is one tremendous looking bust Bish! I am amazed at the incredible detail you've done here. Of course, this is coming from a guy who can't do a single bust and make it look worthy of anything. You got some mad skills man.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys. Well, it is my first ever bust Duke, you never know until you try.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

True. I'm testing my skills with the Headless Horseman right now. You can see my work in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Completed Builds: Figurines and Dioramas”