Peking Duck... Hunters

Here is the place to show of your completed figurine and diorama product.
Stikpusher

Peking Duck... Hunters

Post by Stikpusher »

This is the Shanghai Dragon 1/35 figure set of Chicom Volunteers in the Korean War with a Dshk HMG on AA mount. I made some minor modifications to the gun and figures.
the Dshk 12.7mm HMG on AA mount

Comrade Gunner

Comrade Loader

Comrade Spotter

Yankee Air Pirates!!!

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques welcome...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: Peking Duck... Hunters

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Just add a base and you have got a nice vingnette.

As a suggestion, maybe you could add some more visual depth to the faces by drybrushing or wash. Since the paint is dry I think it is to late for the wet palette techniques.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Believe it or not, there actually is washes and drybrushing on their flesh areas- but very subtle this time. I may go back and add a little more wash for some "5 o'clock shadow". A base is definitely in order for this set up. Thanks for looking and your feedback my friend. ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Your welcome.

Could be that the subtleties of the dry brushing you have done where not that visible in the photograph. Sometimes the color balance is a bit off, a flash changes the colors or maybe my laptop screen is not that good.

So go with what looks best in real life. 8-)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well this past week I decided to get off my rump and do a stand for this (and a couple of other builds), so I began the work. I am using a cheapy plaque that you can buy for a buck or so at Hobby Lobby, and some craft paint to paint the edges black. Wall spackle for the ground work topped off with sifted garden dirt for texture and painted in a few earth tones for variety of shading.

the basic stand with spackle compound

sifted dirt added on (fixed in place with Future)

painted in earth tones

and a test fit with gun and crew

almost completed..
Thanks for looking

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I touched up the black edging this morning. Looking much better now, although it still needs something else on the groundwork I think. :hmm:

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Bushes perhaps? Looking good stik!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

yeah it needs some foliage... :hmm:

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Sandbags too.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

something... :roll:

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Figurines and Dioramas”