Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing Open in 2021

Post by Stuart »

Amazing work across the board Mark - those small scale armour builds are always impressive and I'm really liking your 1/35 Patton.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, it's been another rather productive week so here's another update. This is all armor again as I'm trying to get more of these done and off the workbench. So, climb aboard the tram for the next tour of Maddog Manufacturing...

I'll start with all the stalled projects that have been waiting for paint. I had some time earlier this week to shoot some paint and such so I shot a base coat of green on my US Paladins first:

You can see I also added the tracks to the one.

Next was the British FV-432:

Followed by the three Chieftains:

These will all get the Silly Putty masking later on.

I also shot a base coat on the Canadian Leopard that I needed to finish this month:

Later I glossed this and added the decals to it. They were all on the turret:

After that came a dull coat and then a coating of dust as I took it out on the range for a test drive:

After that came the final bits of detail parts and she was finished!

Next I also put paint on three other small models that had been sitting for a bit. First was the Japanese Isuzu fuel truck:

It's hard to tell but the canvas top is a different khaki color. Next was the little German Olympia staff car that I will be making a captured US staff car. I did the interior first, and then after painting the exterior; I added all the extra detail parts. Once I touch this up I'll be able to gloss this and add decals:

Next up was my Russian AT-1 Snapper which got a base coat of green:

Afterward, since I was decaling the Leopard, I added the decals to this. I also exercised a little artistic license on this too. The instructions say to use either the red banner markings or the '479'; but since I saw there was room for both, I added both:

Next I can add the wheels, cabin doors, and rocket launcher assembly with rockets and I'll be able to finish this up.

The after all this, I shot a dullcoat over my Russian 2S19 self propelled gun and added the outer roadwheels:

After dusting this one up and adding the final parts, I called this one done.

After that, I decided it was time to move forward on the D-9 Dozer. I added the windows to the cab:

Later on I touched up the paint; repaired some broken parts, did some more weathering, repaired some broken parts, dusted this up, repaired some broken parts, added the metallic dry brush to their respective places, repaired some broken parts... and finally called this one done.

Once I did that, it was time to move forward on the two Omnibuses. Starting with Ole Bill, I masked off the interior to prepare this for painting. It's gonna be an all-over olive drab so not much needed masking:

Then I figured I should add the fenders and other parts to this to make sure they got painted too:

I broke at least five brackets in my attempt to put those fenders on, not bad when you consider there are eight brackets that hold all four fenders!

Later I even added all the driver's controls and steering wheel to the inside. Next was to bring the other Type B bus up to this level. It took a bit more masking as this little bus will be red:

After that I added the fenders, driver's controls and steering wheel and went a bit farther by installing the wheels:

There's a few other detail parts that go on, but because of the risk of breakage, I left them off. Hopefully paint will be shot soon.

And that's all I have for this latest tour. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Oh my, you really do have an assembly line going.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I think he may be related to Henry Ford somewhere back along the line... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

There's no aircraft!! :ballbat:

Nice work as always Duke!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for the awesome comments and compliments guys!

Thanks MC! Yeah, I try.

Carlos thanks. Henry Ford... :hmm: I remember studying him and his assembly line process in school. Maybe that is where I got the idea.

Thanks for the compliment Medic! Sorry about no aircraft. Every time I've tried to move forward on any of them they've fought like wildcats. At least the armor is going quick and smoothly so I've been sticking with that to keep a good flow going and the mojo up.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I've been so busy I don't know how I got this work done, but here it is, my latest progress from the past couple weeks. All of this is armor again; as well as one car. I'm just trying to get a few things off the bench and on the shelf. I'm getting eager to get back to my Antonov; but I need to clear a few things first.

Before I get to them though, here is something I found while I was cleaning the bench up. This was a raffle prize I got that had three Monroe Perdue bases inside for 1/72 scale models. Here they are after priming and painting the black border on them:

I won't be displaying my M-1070 or eight-wheeled Russian trucks on any of those, but they will be nice photo bases for my more regular armor.

The first model I worked on was the WWI MkI female tank. I finally completed all construction sans tracks:

Later, after stretching the tracks a bit, I installed them on this tank:

That little thing is now ready for paint. Easy peasy.

After finding my clear sheets of plastic, I went ahead and added the windows to my Japanese Isuzu fuel truck:

I had also added the windows to the Olympia staff car. I didn't get a pic of that one though.

Next I added the inside wheels to my Nagmashot APC:

Later I finished off the upper construction of the detail parts and add-on armor:

There was a lot of detail on this model to add:

I also decided to work on my M-41 Walker Bulldog. I assembled the .50 cal machine gun ammo box. There are five pieces in this tiny assembly:

After that I completed the turret and then added the torsion bars and other suspension parts:

There is a ton of photo-etch that has to go on this. That's gonna be interesting....

After this, I decided that since I was so close to finishing the AT-1 Snapper, it was time to put it over the finish line. First, I added the rubber tires to the wheel hubs:

That meant I needed to add the hubs to the axles to mount these wheels:

While they were drying, I added the Snapper missiles to the launch rails:

You can see the wheels in the background waiting to be installed.

When the hubs were dry, I added the re-loads to the interior. I only put in two since I'd lost the last one (found later, three days after I'd finished the model!) Here you can also see some of the additional detail parts I added:

Wheels on and touch up paint done:

Then I added the launch rails:

Finally a dullcoat, the roof doors and the start of some dusting:

That puppy was finished after a little more work.

Finally after while, I had some time to get to my spray booth. Despite issues with my airbrushes again, I managed to get some paint shot. First was Ole' Bill, the Type B bus inducted into the Army. I gave it an olive drab coat:

Since I was doing buses, I changed to red and shot the other civilian Type B bus:

That is a Humbrol red on that bus. Later, this needed some additional paint work so I went on, painting the lower body and suspension:

I need to re-paint the dark brown. It is a gloss color going over a gloss color. For now I set this aside to dry. Since I also still had the red available, I pulled out my too-orange Coke Delivery Van and shot it with the red:

Definitely a rough job that will need to be smoothed out. Someday that will start behaving and I can finish it. Until then, I'll just have to keep on working on other models. as I do this.

That's all I have for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

You're a machine Mark
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

You're a machine Mark

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

More and more good stuff Mark! The ATGM BRDM-1 looks great, and the red on the Coca Cola truck looks perfect! Keep it up!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”