Classic Biplane Duelists

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Classic Biplane Duelists

Post by Stuart »

Wow! That looks awesome Carlos!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

So cool looking. I'm sure you'll do fine with the rigging
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart & TJ, thank you guys. I appreciate your compliments on this build.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

I had to go back a ways on this build thread to catch up. Just outstanding work being done here!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos,

Decals look great! Looking forward to the rigging even if you are not! Seriously, you built a beautiful Camel. One of my reasons for buying Wingnut Wings kits was when they wrote that rigging was not a requirement. Obviously to make the model more realistic of course rigging would be required but for pure building pleasure they wanted to encourage everyone to build their kits. That’s also some of the goodwill feelings that should be shared. Plus I know how well you build, and as the kit stands you have more then done justice to the design. Superb work, sir.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Couldn't have said it better Bruce! :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Brent, Bruce, and Mark, thanks to each of you for your kind words. Bruce, your eloquence on putting your thoughts into words is always encouraging.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

The Camel looks great, Carlos! Never having rigged a biplane... are there holes ready to accommodate the rigging or will you have to drill them?
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John. There are locator markers where the rigging holes go, but the builder has to drill them. Except for a few of the struts, which have a molded in place area to feed rigging line thru. Those spots are not accurately placed, being ahead of or behind the strut, instead of next to, in the direction where the line is coming from.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, my first session at rigging was a no go. EZ Line wasn’t. I am working from center out, so the first area to rig is one of the hardest by its configuration- the front cabane struts side to side. They cross high and have some little part in there. I got the basic anchor points attached where the struts meet the wing without too much fuss, but then when I tried to add the center piece where the wires would cross, it went south real quick. You need at least three steady hands with a tool in each one to perform this task. Long story short I cut them off, put it aside and will start over another day. Without the stupid center piece. Time to back off and regroup for now.

FLSM

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”