1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-13 Yellow 10

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190D-13 Yellow 10

Post by Duke Maddog »

Most impressive! Now have a blast out there and savor every moment!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Back from my Hawaii trip relaxed and refreshed but haven't gotten back to modeling just yet. It's hard to resume after taking an extended break but I'll get back to it eventually, especially since Yellow 10 is at the painting stage which is a very enjoyable phase of the build for me. I took a few shots of the model in the photo booth to help refresh my mind on where I left off. The model is a clean, factory-fresh stage with some minor post-shading on the bottom.

John aka JKim
-----------<><
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Glad to see you back John. Yeah those getaway breaks from the norm are much needed to break the daily "rat-race" routine up.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Exceptionally nice, John. I am always impressed with your abilities.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Take your time returning to the bench. We're all too busy drooling over your progress you left off.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Welcome back John! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Someday I would love to see pics of all your built aircraft next to each other. That is probably impossible to do though, given the size of all these. Still, a man can dream! LOL!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! STILL haven't worked my back into the modeling groove but I'm slowly trying to train my mind towards the plastic!

Duke Maddog wrote:Welcome back John! Looks like you had a fantastic time!

Someday I would love to see pics of all your built aircraft next to each other. That is probably impossible to do though, given the size of all these. Still, a man can dream! LOL!
Thanks Duke! Unfortunately (or fortunately) that won't be possible since all of my 1/32 scale builds are commissions and are sent far away. That suits me just fine as I don't have the space to store these bigger builds! And one of the reasons why I like to take a lot of good pics of the models while I still have em.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thats a stunning looking build, love the paint job.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

jkim wrote: Thanks Duke! Unfortunately (or fortunately) that won't be possible since all of my 1/32 scale builds are commissions and are sent far away. That suits me just fine as I don't have the space to store these bigger builds! And one of the reasons why I like to take a lot of good pics of the models while I still have em.

Good to know. Thanks! Perhaps you could do the next best thing: an entire thread showing everything you've built to date. :hmm:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

It's been a while hasn't it! Fishing season kicked off for me with a mid-week hooky session at my favorite lake. So much fun! I ended up with 61 largemouth bass topped by a 5.75 pound kicker...

With the fishing stuff at the forefront, the modeling stuff kept percolating in the back of my mind. I finally pushed myself to sit at the model bench and get started on some spraying. The D-13 is sitting in a post-factory state and the task before me now is to put on the field-applied mottle of dark greens, which I've chosen to be RLM 82 and 83. I thought a good way to re-introduce myself back into the game was to try my hand at applying these greens onto the horizontal stabilizers, which are still removable.

Here are the stabilizers, with a base coat of RLM 74 and 75.

Using the color profiles found in Crandall's Dora Volume 2 as a rough guide, I sprayed some random patches of the lighter RLM 82 (Mr Hobby Aqueous).

After that, the darker RLM 83 green was sprayed on. I gave the stabs a light coat of clear gloss (Alclad Aqua Gloss) to even out the paint job for the photos.

Not much but it is a start, right? I'm going to use the leftover masks to cover the markings that I've already sprayed to protect them from inadvertent overspray. I think I'll be tackling the wings next since the painting should be very similar to the stabilizers.
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”