Re: Latest Acquisitions:

Your new purchase or arrival!
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice decals! When are you going to do the Scorpion? I'd love to see that build. I had the kit but sold it a few years back when I was out of the hobby for a bit.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tom and John, thank you.

John, I was thinking about building the F-89 later this year or early next year. No hard date yet. I have a few projects to knock out first before I think that far ahead.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A couple of new ones for me.. I'm sensing a theme developing :hmm:

(to replace the previous failed attempt).

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice scores Stuart! I sense that ‘80’s era ‘teen superfighters in the theme... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice scores guys!

Hey Stik! Where'd you get the missiles?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Some guy on eBay from France. I just searched for 1/48 matra super 530, and that’s what came up. Nobody makes the things! Now I can build my Iraqi Mirage F1.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Nice scores Stuart! I sense that ‘80’s era ‘teen superfighters in the theme... :hmm:
lol! Yeah, I've now got all the main 80's/90's era ''Fighters'', bar the F-4G, F-111 and F-15E. I know the CJ is a bit out of that period but I wanted to have another go at that kit.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

When I was a teenager and this kit came out, my friend got it, and I thought that it was a pretty cool build. It was much nicer than my Hawk 1/48 F-104 kits that I had at the time. I’ve bought other better F-104s since then, but have always wanted to try my hand on this one, so I keep scanning eBay from time to time. I put this one on my watch list, and a day or two later the seller sent me a 25% off offer, and who am mai to say no to such a deal.

Of course with shipping it cost far more than the original 1977 sticker price... ;)

I plan on building this as a G, since I already have a C built and another in my stash.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

So it has the tail pieces to make either an A/C or a G? That's pretty cool Carlos. I'd like to make a C-model at some point, to represent the ones that were shipped to Europe during the troubles in Berlin.

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice stuff gents.
Saw one of these built recently (maybe here) and it sparked my interest as I have a budding 'fire fighting' collection. Had no idea how big she is - looks like it's all there despite the box damage. Now I have 4 ships in the collection :giggles:

Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”