Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2021

Post by Stuart »

Duke Maddog wrote:John that rocks! Way to go! Looks like the grandson is having a blast!
Awesome work on those aircraft!

The Victory would be great to see! I still have a 1/72 Golden Hind on the bench that my daughter started last year and lost interest in - I'm going to have to finish it at some point.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

OK guys, here she is without the aircraft and crew. The exhaust is not attached and I wanted your feedback on it. If I add it, it will be more spread out on the water and blended in with the water using acrylic varnish. I may be able to thin it out some more.

Here is the Kaga, similar layout, stack wise, to the Akagi. Pictures of the Akagi under full steam are rare and I can't find any that aren't computer generated.

Here she is.

Here's what it looks like landing

Here are my first 13 out of 36 aircraft so far. Still a lot of PE to install and all need paint.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stunning work. I can’t find anything to critique at all. The whole project is so intricately detailed, masterfully painted, and brought to life by being posed on the ocean base.

You have recreated this fabulously
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:P1:

Yeah, that. A true masterwork.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Yeah, me too!

On the steam effect, I have no clue really but having it spread more and maybe a little lighter in color? Perhaps the look depends on whether the ship is up to speed and maintaining or accelerating from low speed.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

looks amazing! one to really be proud of! From all the PE to the water base you made for her I love it all. As for the steam I have no idea I've never seen anyone depict it before. I would maybe thin it out a bit more but again I got no idea.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow.....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Yea there are no words to describe this
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks gents!
Yeah, the steam is something I'm not happy with. Last night I made up 3 new ones with very thinned out cotton and stiffend them up with hairspray. I'll see how those look and take some pics but I may go with nothing at all. Nothing looks better that something that takes away for the whole. The reason I removed the handmade splinter shields.
I painted the lt grey on 5 of the Zeeks I have made. They look good but need a second coat, then they'll need black cowles, gear and that strange metallic blue for the wheel wells. I worked on the PE landing gear for the 8 Kates I have built. The bombs and torps are little PE kits in themselves but I've gone this far...... The planes are taking considerably more time than expected but when I finish these 13 I'll be 1/3 of the way done with em'. The crew shouldn't take too long.

Famous last words.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Stikpusher wrote:Stunning work. I can’t find anything to critique at all. The whole project is so intricately detailed, masterfully painted, and brought to life by being posed on the ocean base.

You have recreated this fabulously
Thank you so much Stick! You don't know what pleasure it is to read your words. Knowing your knowledge of the Pacific war and it's war material and campaigns justify my hours of research and trying to get everything just right. From way the ship looked in Dec 41, the AA guns that needed modification, why some portholes were open while others were closed, even during general quarters to the unfinished aircraft and crew.
Like I said in the post above, I still have much to do but the ship itself is done!

Lyle, John, Floki, Tom and Johnny, thank you as well. You have all been just great with the encouragement.

More pics once I figure out the stack smoke.

Return to “Member's Gallery”