Banned again....

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Banned again....

Post by LyleW »

jeaton01 wrote:How am I going to get this roasted n**s image out of my head!
“Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....”

Actually, that was meant to convey that one should always wear loin covers around campfires. Too many embers, etc...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Kind of puts me off roasting hot dogs over the fire as well... :stinky:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Dragline wrote:This thread has gone off the rails.....in a good way? :hmm:
With Lyle, everything always go off the rails :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

:whiteflag: :whiteflag: :grin:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

BlackSheep214 wrote: With Lyle, everything always go off the rails :giggles:
Off the rails? That happened a long time ago.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

midnightprowler wrote:This group reminds me of another motley group I used to be involved with called LEM, league of extraordinary modelers. I think we have at least 1 from there.

Oh yes! I remember those fantastic days on the LEM! Oh the fun we had! This is the closest thing I've seen to it and I'm thrilled to be here. I do believe we have about four or five former LEMurs here too.

Stuart, to some degree, I'm right in there with you. While I'm occasionally willing to try new things now and then, and possibly dabble in some minor scratchbuilding, I too don't strive to constantly improve. In some way deep down, I'm more interested in seeing how many models I can get done so as to reduce the stash. My self-challenge is more along the lines of: can I build and finish more than I acquire? I think I'm breaking even at this point. I would love to have the quality that so many here have, but I'm just thrilled to be accepted by such a fantastic group of modelers. As for ranking, sometimes I feel like my work would be ranked just below Lyle's since he has self-printed decals and brilliant camouflage schemes from his airbrush. I kinda look at it this way (and I've said this at the Nationals many times) "If I can't Wow them with quality, then I will with quantity!" I also always say that I'm locked for Fifth place in all my categories! That always gets a laugh! Like Fermis, I don't build for contests but I love bringing my stuff in to compete; just so I can show it off. If I win, well that is simply icing on the cake!

I love this group and wish I could check in more frequently. Let's all join in now singing the Panzerlied! :yahoo:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Duke Maddog wrote:
midnightprowler wrote:This group reminds me of another motley group I used to be involved with called LEM, league of extraordinary modelers. I think we have at least 1 from there.
Oh yes! I remember those fantastic days on the LEM! Oh the fun we had! This is the closest thing I've seen to it and I'm thrilled to be here. I do believe we have about four or five former LEMurs here too.
Who else is here?
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I'm not.
Caution: long rambling chain of thought ahead, proceed at your own boredom.
I'll give you five seconds to turn the station...........

I bought a new shelf to organize the stash better but when I was done I looked at what I had sitting there. Not as much as most I assure you but at 60, I thought, am I ever going to finish these? There are so many more I want (side topic, why do we want more?) but I can't stand the thought of selling some :sad: . The next question I had wa where do I put them when I'm done? Sure I can hang the planes for the ceiling if I have to but I don't have anymore wall space really.
So I just sat there looking at what I have, can't find a place for the Akagi, looking at the unfinished Prince of Wales, North Carolina, LCS Freedom, the giant boxes of the Hood, Bismarck, Graf Spee, HMS Victory, Blue Shadow, America, Tako not to mention all the 1/700, 1/32, 1/48 and 1/72 kits and kinda got depressed. :sad:
The next day I thought about the vender tables at the Nationals and thought if I find this kit or that kit...I'm getting it!!
not sure what's wrong with me.
I'll sometimes build to improve or compete, sometimes I build because I feel like building this kit or another. Rarely I build to lesson the stash, cause that doesn't work. I was thinking last night...why do I buy all this PE and AM for my builds? The ships sure, I can see them, but the planes? Why do I do that? Once I'm done the kit sits on the shelf amongst everything else but I really don't look at it much after all the time and money I put into it :hmm: . My wife will come in and look (she says daily) and the grandkids Ooo and Ahh, but other than sharing on this and other forums..what's the point? I do enjoy looking through for pictures of something during research and seeing your build on Google Images or something!! Waaaa! :wow: where did they get that? Of course I load my images onto Facebook, Pinterest and forums to insure my builds last longer than I do so that's where they come from but it is heartwarming.
Sorry for the long chain of thought but I wanted to say that to someone who would understand.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Steve, I keep my stash mostly out of sight in the attic so it can't attack me like that!

I think I am building a museum, or vicariously owning all the airplanes and other such stuff that has interested me. I mostly put worrying about what happens to it all when I'm gone in the same bucket as borrowed troubles. I know it will put some burden on those that survive me but I've balanced that out I hope by doing good things for them while I'm here.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

midnightprowler wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:

Oh yes! I remember those fantastic days on the LEM! Oh the fun we had! This is the closest thing I've seen to it and I'm thrilled to be here. I do believe we have about four or five former LEMurs here too.:

Who else is here?
um that would be me. I wasn't there very long before it went away

Return to “Free Discussion”