The first Mig kill?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

The first Mig kill?

Post by Stikpusher »

According to official US histories, the first confirmed kills of North Vietnamese Migs during the war there were made by Navy and Air Force F-4s, in June and July 1965 respectively. But...

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stor ... you-about/
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: The first Mig kill?

Post by Stuart »

An interesting article that - it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In all honesty, who knows. I first read of this kill several years ago. And then some time later I read the Vietnamese side of the events which also credits one of their losses to US fighters. In my mind it would be simple for the powers that be in the Air Force to upgrade the status of the kill from probable to confirmed. BUT, I know how the US government works at changing records....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks for that Stik! It would be good for the official record to reflect that kill. I've always loved the Hun, and this story adds to her legend for sure.
Gary

Return to “Free Discussion”