Do 335 1/48 Monogram

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
mustang1989

Re: Do-335 1/48 Monogram

Post by mustang1989 »

That plane is coming right along Lyle!! Good progress!!
LyleW
Admin

Re: Do-335 1/48 Monogram

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Joe. Good ol' Monogram simplicity. Finally getting to work on it again. Painting fiddly bits - landing gear, struts, etc. Discovered two more missing pieces for the nose gear assembly. The "fender" and the knee. I may be able to create a crude knee, but I'm probably out of luck on the fender/mud guard.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Re: Do 335 1/48 Monogram

Post by LyleW »

It has been a while, huh? Scerwing around with the cowling, gear, etc. not much progress. This morning I decided to try pre-shading for the first time. Looks like a drunken, one-armed llama with a twitch applied the paint. I think I needed more paint and less thinner. This one is too embarrassing to post pics. Hope to get some of the camo and underside done soon.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

thats really a nice job so far Lyle. Keep up the nice work
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Paul. just sprayed the hellblau and it looks every bit the "hel" part. But, practice is the only way. first time I've used the airbrush in months. Went back to the Badger. Can't seem to get the hang of the Iwata....
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Pictures bubba! Pictures! lol
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Okay, i'll try to get some up tonight...here is a close up of the underside 8-)

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

You missed one rivet, Lyle. Right below of the upper left area, in the light blue spot.
Beside that you managed a very even paint job.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

By golly, you are right! :lol:

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”