"The Wolf of Mibu, 1864" | MJ miniatures | 1/12

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: "The Wolf of Mibu, 1864" | MJ miniatures | 1/12

Post by Stuart »

Superb - I love the way you've got the skin tones to vary from the forehead to the neck - great stuff.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Theres still loads to do here, especially for the face, believe me. ;) It needed more contrast and blendings.

I played a bit with my brushes on other spots as well. I have to admit that I know only little about the original characters, expecially their clothings, so Ill paint it like it is on the package. The cross patterns are really challenging. Additionally I tried some first texture highligts on the right side of his kimono (see arrows).

"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

tigrazor wrote:Theres still loads to do here, especially for the face, believe me. ;) It needed more contrast and blendings.

I played a bit with my brushes on other spots as well. I have to admit that I know only little about the original characters, expecially their clothings, so Ill paint it like it is on the package. The cross patterns are really challenging. Additionally I tried some first texture highligts on the right side of his kimono (see arrows).

I like what you are doing with the contrasts. Last pic - looks like someone gave him a wedgie.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”