Moebius 1971 Ford Ranger Pick-up

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Moebius 1971 Ford Ranger Pick-up

Post by BlackSheep214 »

You might find one from another old Monogram truck kit. I remember one particular kit had one. Just can't remember which on it was.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Ran into an issue when attaching things to the frame...need to figure the cause before I can fix things:

Added more scraps to the interior-- some McD's wrappers, and some mail to hide the nasty bits on the Playboy ;)

Not entirely happy with my attempts at the box in the back but I do like the pizza box on the other side ;)
Mike
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man did I ever miss this thread!!! :headslap: I keep hearing and seeing such good things on this kit and they build up beautifully. You're doing a great job on this truck and I really like seeing all the details and goodies that you're throwing at it. Hang in there with the fit issues. I'm sure you'll get it fixed.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I like the 'payload' in the back. Maybe dirty up the pizza box a bit; make it look like it's been there awhile. ALso maybe add a shovel, a tarp, some rope and a bod.... wait, that might be a bit much.... :shutup: :oops: :rofl: :lashed:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

There's such a thing as scale leaves and debris as well. I'll have to look through the history but I'll betcha I can find a thread that'll show you that stuff.
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thanks guys!

Mustang-

I've got a bag of pine siskin seeds that look just like Oak leaves that I'll add towards the end ;)
Mike
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Ouch! Looks as if its back was broken?
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

I took it all apart and tried again with better results I think. Also made an extension cord out of some sort tubing and the gun rack. Need to reattach a mirror and bumper and a few more bits... but here is some progress:

Mike
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Too freekin' cool Jeeves!!! Nice changes and looks good on the reassembly. Man I just love all the fun of throwing those extra "goodies" into a build.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

No lever action 30/30 in the rifle rack? :giggles:

Man that is sweet! Great work!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”