U-505, Bronco 1/350

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
dmminiatures
Master Member

Re: U-505, Bronco 1/350

Post by dmminiatures »

Nice one.... I think I really have to find a way to build a weekend kit, literally.
Monty / dmminiatures
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Awesome Carlos! I love it! You did fantastic on this model.

I have a new ACE British Forlite staff car I just picked up that would be perfect for a 48-hour weekend madness Group Build. Too bad I don't have a weekend to go mad in!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys. It really is a fun challenge to try to knock out a kit in 48 hours to the best of your ability.
Mark, I know that at this time of year it is especially hard to find a weekend to pull one of these off. But, the WM rules allow for any 48 hour timespan for those of us with non traditional work hours and schedules... You really should join us this year or next time.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I guess those 48 hours weekend madness speed build are a typicla U.S. thingie. Never heard of such on a German site. Oups! I don´t take part on German sites, so...

Anyway, Stik, this is a fine work for such a tight schedule. BTW: German subs did have Radar at the end of the war! Check this here:
Radar of German U-Boats
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, I dont know about 48 hour builds being a US thing... just something that has become a tradition on another site that I frequent. Thank you for the compliments on the build and on the link. I learned some thing new, which is always a good thing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

One of the many side effects of our hobby is that you always can learn something new! :)
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Thanks guys. It really is a fun challenge to try to knock out a kit in 48 hours to the best of your ability.
Mark, I know that at this time of year it is especially hard to find a weekend to pull one of these off. But, the WM rules allow for any 48 hour timespan for those of us with non traditional work hours and schedules... You really should join us this year or next time.

That sounds good. Maybe I will. I just have a hard time finding any of these Threads at that other site; it is so much harder to navigate. I do hope to be in a few other Group Builds over there. I haven't added any of my Group Build badges there ever since they changed their sig line policy there. I do have quite a bit.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thomas_M wrote:One of the many side effects of our hobby is that you always can learn something new! :)
That is something I love about this hobby... learning and researching...

Mark, I will track you down for the next Weekend Madness there... I think that it is wrapping up this week... Or we can always run one over here....

FLSM
GMorrison

Post by GMorrison »

That looks great! The mystery device is a FuMo 61 Hohentweil low uhf radar array. It was a modified FuMo 200 aircraft unit. Some u boats had these, a more advanced one was on the Type XXI (stay tuned).

It's about 1m by 1.4 m. You did a good upgrade there, friend.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

GM!!!! Well thank you for the detail shot of the radar. I perhaps need to use it on a future project... :hmm:

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”