56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Completed-04/15

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-More.......03/30

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks fellas! Got back from the mini-vacation and had a blast while we were there. I've spent the last couple of days down with the flu/ severe cold and am back on the mend here. So close now with this build that it would be silly to post photos. The next pics I'll put up will be the completed ones unless I have any problems and in that case I'll post the problem areas with the fixes.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Waiting on a couple of parts in the mail. Should be back on this one tomorrow morning. :dancing:
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

mustang1989 wrote:Thanks fellas! Got back from the mini-vacation and had a blast while we were there. I've spent the last couple of days down with the flu/ severe cold and am back on the mend here. So close now with this build that it would be silly to post photos. The next pics I'll put up will be the completed ones unless I have any problems and in that case I'll post the problem areas with the fixes.
Glad to hear you had good mini-vacation!
Good you are back in business after your flu, seems to be a worldwide problem at this moment

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Kari,
Man I NEVER get sick and so far I've been sick every month for the last 5 months. :headslap:

Ok folks , after two hours of working on it this morning since 3 a.m. I've got this thing within putting distance. I've got everything done but the tail lights and rear bumper................and of course the final polish and finish up. :wink:

With that being said I figured, "What tha heck" and decided to post a couple of spoiler shots.

Stikpusher

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Spoiler Shots-04/10

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: WOW! Do you use real paper in the air filter?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Mustang,

I have had acute bronchitis for almost three weeks, so I sympathize with what you wrote regarding illness... any illness that knocks you down just... sucks.

I am studying your work so intently these days.

You really inspire me to pay attention to the surface and never stop at “good enough.”

Those recent photos are incredible.

Incredible.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Stikpusher wrote::shoutout: WOW! Do you use real paper in the air filter?
LOL! I've actually thought about cleaning that up just a smidge Carlos. lol
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:Mustang,

I have had acute bronchitis for almost three weeks, so I sympathize with what you wrote regarding illness... any illness that knocks you down just... sucks.

I am studying your work so intently these days.

You really inspire me to pay attention to the surface and never stop at “good enough.”

Those recent photos are incredible.

Incredible.
Thanks Bruce. I really appreciate all the good comments. I figure it this way, if I'm going to sink the time into a detailed out build I might as well sink the time into a near perfect finish. Even then .................there are some nasty flaws. I manage to either cover or subdue them for the most part. The biggest problem I've had out of this thing is that when I glued the body to the frame I noticed that the engine was tilted.................and it was PAINFULLY obvious. I risked everything in a move to straighten it and.........................it worked! Man was ever relieved because there was all kinds of creaking sounds while I was trying to straighten it. Nerve racking for sure.
I'm working on my second week of being sick and thought I was coming out of the woods on Monday/ Tuesday but was back in the soup again on Wednesday. I was already a man short at work so I just toughed it out through yesterday and I'm paying for it on my day off today. I feel like :poo: so I'll be getting some rest today and praying that it doesn't turn into any kind of a sinus infection. Jeez....that's all I need right now. :headslap:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

You gotta rest and heal, but I feel ya about having to work whilst sick. My body has been openly protesting the entire time, so TGIF, rest rest rest rest rest.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Bruce. I'm feeling a little better today. Last couple of days I've been pretty congested and I spend about an hour every morning clearing my head out but I'm getting some what better.

OK folks! Stick a fork in 'er. She's done and will be over in the completed builds section. I'd like to thank you all who did for following along and for all of your support. I think this one took me in the neighborhood of about 6-7 months benchtime to complete (accounting for 3 month break).

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”