Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 12/13 (pg.19)

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build

Post by Stikpusher »

Port, I will check on that and get back to you on that. I am pretty sure that they are listed on the box side somewhere.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Port, I will check on that and get back to you on that. I am pretty sure that they are listed on the box side somewhere.
Thanks Stik - no rush, I was just curious as to how big this model is.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Length: 23 9/10" or 60cm. No wingspan or height listed on the box.
A Google search turns up from the Revell website:
Wingspan: 14 1/2" or 36.83cm
Height: 6 1/8" or 15.5575cm
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Length: 23 9/10" or 60cm. No wingspan or height listed on the box.
A Google search turns up from the Revell website:
Wingspan: 14 1/2" or 36.83cm
Height: 6 1/8" or 15.5575cm
Wow - that's big, sounds like it'll be on a par size wise with my 1/24 Harrier - but probably much more impressive looking.

I hope you've got a big Shelf!

Thanks Stik!

Cheers!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah it is big! And yes I do have a spot up on top of my shelves picked out for this one. I could always build it with the wings folded... :hmm:

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Yeah it is big! And yes I do have a spot up on top of my shelves picked out for this one. I could always build it with the wings folded... :hmm:
That's a cool idea...

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bump :whistle:

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Where have I heard that before?
:mrgreen:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Where have I heard that before?
:mrgreen:
I don't know... :blush: But yesterday I cleared off my workbench to make room for something large... :whistle:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, after nearly a year on the sidelines, I am resuming work here.

First off, apologies to Lyle and Revell for my having dropped the ball here and not having this one completed long ago. This will be my only project that I will work on from here on out, until it is done.

So, my last bit of work before being sidelined late last August was beginning paint work on the IP and Ejection seats

I put down some Polly Scale Scale Black (a very useful now discontinued color) as backing for the Instruments

And began painting the cushions on the seats using Polly Scale US Olive Drab for the seat pad and Polly Scale Green Drab PC10 for the seat back

Here is where my thoughts on acrylics (that have nothing to do with the build itself, but...) occur. I thought by using acrylics as the base color I could speed up the process for washes (enamel or oil are my preferred medium) by using dissimilar layers. Unfortunately acrylics often do not give good one coat coverage in hand brushing, as here on the seat cushions. So I have now gone back and done a second coat and will likely have to do another before I am ready for the next step of washes, dry brushing, and detail painting on the seats.

Now getting back to the build itself, when looking at reference photos of a real F-4G seat, the forward cross bar between the face curtain pull rings does not exist on the real seat. (look in the photo below)

So since the photo was taken earlier, I clipped those off and made the kit part more accurate. I will post more photos of progress work once the seats and IPs are further along in a few days.

FLSM

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”