Takom 1/35 AMX-13/75

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Jeeves
Master Member

Re: Takom 1/35 AMX-13/75

Post by Jeeves »

Yup...here's a sampling of what I had found...might be mine could be a shade darker, but I like how they stand out a bit...

These two pics have them all blue with a lighter blue at the tips-

Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Interesting... :hmm: Blue is usually the color for inert or training ordnance in US and NATO. So based off the photos, I'm gonna say that the missiles with the blue bodies and warheads are dummy training rounds, or what we called Missile Simulation Rounds (MSR) on the TOW. Basically those are used to train the crews in loading the launcher with an actual weight round without risking a live missile. The ones with the OD body and blue warhead are training missiles that have a live rocket with an inert warhead. Less expensive to use in training than a live HEAT warhead, while still giving the gunner actual trigger time. I fired a couple of TOWs of the same type once upon a time. The darker medium blues are what I'm used to seeing in person, which is why the light blue threw me off. But as your photos show, that light blue color is used.

I did find some photos of probable live rounds used by France, Britain, etc. that are overall OD or some similar color.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Jeeves, that looks fantastic! I really do love the look of that tank and wish I could find a way to make one in 1/72 scale.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Jeeves, that looks fantastic! I really do love the look of that tank and wish I could find a way to make one in 1/72 scale.
Heller has not covered this in 1/72? They did some 40+ years ago in 1/35, and their coverage of French subjects is the best out there as far as covering basics go. Only in the past decade or so are we finally seeing French AFVs and aircraft covered by other companies.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:Jeeves, that looks fantastic! I really do love the look of that tank and wish I could find a way to make one in 1/72 scale.
Heller has not covered this in 1/72? They did some 40+ years ago in 1/35, and their coverage of French subjects is the best out there as far as covering basics go. Only in the past decade or so are we finally seeing French AFVs and aircraft covered by other companies.
Heller has done the regular AMX-13 and only recently started re-releasing it. Heller never made them with the rockets on them. I purchased two (or possibly three) of the AMX-13's so I can make one French, one Egyptian and one possible Israeli captured. The tracks will need replacement since these have the notorious vinyl bands with lines on them to simulate the tracks as they did on the AMX-30. I still need to replace tracks on the AMX-30 I built so this is what has been stopping me from building the -13's.

I'm still waiting for them to re-release their anti-aircraft vehicle that they had released some 40+ years ago.....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I understand about the tracks. I wonder if there is some sort of AM replacement out there? The SS.11 mount would not be too difficult to scratchbuild.

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

I'm done with the instructions if you want them as a reference for scratch building Mark...
Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I have heard that a good substitution in my scale are Panzer IV tracks, but I still want to research further. So far though, nobody I know has done aftermarket tracks for this specific tank.

Jeeves, that would be cool. I'll PM you my address sometime soon. Right now I'm heading out to go prepare our Orangecon trophies. Then I'll need to source some SS-11's....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

OK...periscopes fixed...and model done!

Mike
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Check that...missing antennas...looking for a fix ;)
Mike

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”