Latest Acquesitions - pt.3

Your new purchase or arrival!
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Re: Latest Acquesitions - pt.3

Post by Glamdring »

Medicman71 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:06 pm Ummm wow! That's a lot!! I'd like to get that Tactical Firefighting Truck.
Yeah, I kind of went on a bender for Oshkosh built trucks this year. Unfortunately I think a couple more variants are coming down the chute in 23/24, but I can stop anytime I want!

The fire truck is definitely high on my build list though....after I figure out where to put it.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I have some newly acquired scale modeling stuff. I was waiting on the last package and it arrived yesterday. Most of the new stuff pertains to a litte project idea I've been mulling over; to build several Latin American warbirds, sort of centering on the 1969 100 Hours War (or Soccer War as it's also known).

With that in mind, I recently ordered Hasegawa's "Soccer War Corsair" kit in order to replicate Fernando Soto's Honduran Corsair:

Although it's not new to my stash, I plan to use this Tamiya F4U-1A to build a camouflaged Salvadoran Corsair:

And another model that's been in the stash will be built as a "Macho Mustang" of one sort or another! The old Monogram P51D will work well for one of those and I may get an Airfix or Tamiya P-51D for another Macho Mustang.

The Aztec Decals sets are very well done and offer lot's of valuable painting and detail info. Many different aircraft are showcased and can be built with the available decals. It remains to be seen how well they perform in actual use, but so far, color me impressed! :grin:

I've been considering a trigger-type airbrush for some time now. All of my work is done with the same Paasche H that I bought new back around 1988. The classic design is a true workhorse but the single-action, syphon-feed design does have its limitations. Nerve damage in both hands make a traditional double-action AB difficult for me handle so I thought a more conventional, pistol-trigger-type might be easier to use.

To that end, I bought this new Gaahleri GHAD-68 airbrush last week, whch arrived Saturday. I had read a glowing recommendation for it, and it has some really favorable reviews on Amazon so I pulled the trigger. :headslap: (That's the closest I could get to a facepalm...sorry for the pun! :grin: ) I ordered an adapter so I could use the same AB hose and even hooked it up last night. I'll try some paint through it soon! It came with a .3mm and a .5mm needle, along with two paint cups, 1/4oz and 1/2oz I believe with lids for each. There's a also extra o-rings and a quick-connect adapter. All in all, it feels and looks like a great tool. Like the decals, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting! :wink:

And finally, a look at the Carpena Decals for my Israeli Mosquito build; again, a sincere thanks a million to Stikpusher (Carlos Cisneros) for his hot tip on finding these! :bow:

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Those Macho Mustang decals are from Cartograph so they'll be fine.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Those “Soccer War” decals look great. I can’t wait to see what you do with those builds Gary! Not the usually Mustang or Corsair paint schemes. Good to see that you scored the alternate IDF Mosquito markings!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice pair of Corsairs. I've been wanting to do another since my teen years as Pappy Boyington's aircraft.

The Honduran scheme looks eye-catching.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Great haul Gary. Re: the corsairs - not sure if you've seen this
https://hyperscale.com/features/2002/f4u5nda_1.htm
Thanks,
John
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Hey thanks, everyone! I'm excited about the project. I think all the different looks are great to see and of course, I love the history. :grin:

Thanks for the link, John. :bow: I believe I've got that model bookmarked from an earlier seach, it's sure a beauty! :grin:
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Not the usual color schemes for the Corsair and Mustang. So..... :popcorn: :popcorn:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Some stuff that I ordered from a LHS. It's way to far to drive for a few things and they have an Amazon store front.

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice that the shop has the Amazon Store Front to allow for such items as that which they don't carry. My closest LHS is a Hobby Lobby at 12 miles, and with the current price of gas here...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”