SPA Modeler Member Interviews.

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
speedgraflex

Re: SPA Modeler Member Interviews.

Post by speedgraflex »

TGIF, gents! To all my friends here—Have a great weekend!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Another great interview Bruce - and nice answers Lyle!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Good stuff!
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Bravo!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am glad everyone contributes so much! To everyone: Thank you so much!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Bruce PM sent
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Floki wrote:Very entertaining Bruce and Lyle. I don't have the clear sided Huey but I do have the 1/24 Huey in the stash and the clear sided B-17 if interested.
I have the B-17 as well! The Phantom Huey I built as a kid, probably 10-12 years old. then I shot it up with the BB gun some time later. The last one I found on Ebay was almost 600 dollars and I don't think it was complete. That doesn't interest me at all.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, gentlemen. It was fun to think back about these things. I deeply appreciate Bruce taking the lead and doing this. So, many thanks and Salute!

A couple of stories I forgot to include in the above. What got me started back in this madness was my daughter. My standard reply to "What to you want for your birthday?" or "What do you want for Christmas?" was always an airplane. . . meaning a real one. I guess it was a birthday, and she shows up with the old Wright Flyer kit, tube of glue and the paints that were listed on the box. She said basically, that is the oldest airplane I could find and it suits you. It still isn't finished.

Way back in my yoot (youth - some may get the reference to a line from "My Cousin Vinny") if i wanted a model i had to go collect soda bottles for the nickel deposit you could get at the time. This was WAY before the plastic bottles. So, I'd collect what I could find, what we had in the house and when I'd get 20-30 of them, take them to the grocery store next to the drug store and cash them in. Then, I go to the drug store and buy my 98 cent model. Probably 1/48 and almost always Revell or Monogram. I did not like Lindberg or Hawk. I think the Testor's enamel paint was 10 cents a bottle.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

John—I responded to your PM! Thank you! Lyle, I added what you wrote to your published interview, as this was quite important! Thank you so much for being so open as well as supportive. I was really not sure if more than ten members would respond, but the response has been fantastic! Again, if anyone reading this has not received an interview questionnaire please do write to me. Thanks again, everyone who participated so far!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Thanks, gentlemen. It was fun to think back about these things. I deeply appreciate Bruce taking the lead and doing this. So, many thanks and Salute!

A couple of stories I forgot to include in the above. What got me started back in this madness was my daughter. My standard reply to "What to you want for your birthday?" or "What do you want for Christmas?" was always an airplane. . . meaning a real one. I guess it was a birthday, and she shows up with the old Wright Flyer kit, tube of glue and the paints that were listed on the box. She said basically, that is the oldest airplane I could find and it suits you. It still isn't finished.

Way back in my yoot (youth - some may get the reference to a line from "My Cousin Vinny") if i wanted a model i had to go collect soda bottles for the nickel deposit you could get at the time. This was WAY before the plastic bottles. So, I'd collect what I could find, what we had in the house and when I'd get 20-30 of them, take them to the grocery store next to the drug store and cash them in. Then, I go to the drug store and buy my 98 cent model. Probably 1/48 and almost always Revell or Monogram. I did not like Lindberg or Hawk. I think the Testor's enamel paint was 10 cents a bottle.
How could you not like Hawk? :shocked:

Man they did some cool stuff!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”