4x4 MRAP Kinetic 1/35

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: 4x4 MRAP Kinetic 1/35

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:The meshes more likely netting to store stuff. Like a box of Twinkies or something.... :drum:
Pop Tarts of course... :hmm:

Steady progress is looking real good Thomas.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:The meshes more likely netting to store stuff. Like a box of Twinkies or something.... :drum:
Pop Tarts of course... :hmm:

Steady progress is looking real good Thomas.
Pop Tarts is good. I used to kill for those but I've cut back on them. Can't afford to put on more weight eating those. LOL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I still love them too. But like you I have to cut back on indulging in them because I no longer have that 18-22 year old's metabolism anymore. And I have worked too hard over the past few years getting back into proper shape to blow it now...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

That North Americans build strange cars, civilian and military. Period.

Thomas, good to see your skills playing around on plastic again. Always a pleasure to see!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thank you, Torben! Glad you follow this one!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's a great looking build thus far Thomas!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thanks, Stuart! :wink:
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Not sure how I missed this before,,, Great build Thomas!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thank you!! :tongue:

The vehicle has now got all windows. I must say that adding the clear parts made me say some really bad words... Fit of the windows was just awful; may the clear parts be a fraction too tall, or the recesses a little bit to small, dunno. Maybe the single coat of the sand colour had applied made fitting the clear parts a nightmare?

Whatever. Work now has been continued on handrails and antennae. Lots of stuff has to be cleaned from seams and fine flash, to be added to the roof and upper parts of the MRAP. When I came to the largest antenna part I knew I could not use this part. Instead of being a round structure it had an oval shape and... bonus! ... some mould mismatch. Nice.

I decided to try to make this antenna from scratch. Hope one of you guys could tell me the designation of this one. Well, here is a comparison shot with the kit part and mine. Mine is the brighter one...

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thomas_M wrote:Thank you!! :tongue:

The vehicle has now got all windows. I must say that adding the clear parts made me say some really bad words... Fit of the windows was just awful; may the clear parts be a fraction too tall, or the recesses a little bit to small, dunno. Maybe the single coat of the sand colour had applied made fitting the clear parts a nightmare?

Whatever. Work now has been continued on handrails and antennae. Lots of stuff has to be cleaned from seams and fine flash, to be added to the roof and upper parts of the MRAP. When I came to the largest antenna part I knew I could not use this part. Instead of being a round structure it had an oval shape and... bonus! ... some mould mismatch. Nice.

I decided to try to make this antenna from scratch. Hope one of you guys could tell me the designation of this one. Well, here is a comparison shot with the kit part and mine. Mine is the brighter one...

That's what you get for cracking on dogs! I really hate it when windows don't fit properly. Nice antenna, though.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”