Thomas_M
Admin

Re: 1/35 SS-23 Spider - Trumpeter

Post by Thomas_M »

:tongue:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I added your city to my world clock to remember you are 9 hours ahead; Torben, Kari and Marius as well. Breakfast time for me; dinner time for all of you!

Perhaps that was a silly beginning...

To continue: hopefully coherently; I am excited to see your progress, Thomas. You do have the most incredible patience and determination. Adding these details is extremely important and I am glad to see the comparison beteeen plastic and metal.

If I may, please discuss how the seams were initially filled on the rocket... Superglue followed by Mr Surfacer? The joining of the pieces is wonderful.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thank you, matey!

On the seams: indeed the fit of parts is really good so far. I think I used Tamiya putty for the first step, then primed to check. This makes any imperfection visible. The I used my UV glue to re-apply this as a filler, sanded again. After another shot of primer it was good enough for me.

The missile has finally been primed using Mission Models grey primer. Later the missile carefully got wet sanded. Got a much smoother surface doing so. This evening I airbrushed a coat of Mission Models tyre black, which is now drying. I plan to mask some pieces with Tamiya tape, before applying the green camo. But I will check some few pictures I found on the Net.

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”