Revell 1/32 Me 109G from 1990

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/32 Me 109G from 1990

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:

That looks like a very useful book Lyle!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

It seems to be. I've had it a few years and paid too much for it then. Let me know if you want me to look something up and I'll send it to you.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:For a G6, the standard factory scheme will be RLM 74/75/76. There may never been some one off green schemes used by JG-54, but you’d have to research that for confirmation.
going with the 74/75/76 since that is what I have...funny how that works out.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:It seems to be. I've had it a few years and paid too much for it then. Let me know if you want me to look something up and I'll send it to you.
Will do Lyle - thanks!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

got some of the RLM 76 and RLM 74 applied. Mixed it about 60-40 with MLT. Looks better than I've ever achieved before....It will get another application to cover the places that you see. . . plus those you don't!

Going to go play with my mental blocks for a while to let this dry. Pretty humid today, and like the last number of days, it is rainy and will be storms later....sheesh.
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Looking great Lyle! MLT is amazing stuff!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, some progress...no pics yet. Just haven't been in the mood on this one. I've managed to paint it 2 or three times, though. Still looks pretty amateurish to me, but I am an amateur! Anyway, a bit later today, I'll try to get started on the decals. have to cut some of the white crosses. Applied some Microscale Liquid Decal Film on the sheet after the spiral decal for the spinner came apart. Could not find my Testor's spray can of decal fixer anywhere. Must have tossed it. Oh well.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm:

Come to think of it, most of us here qualify as “amateur” model makers/builders. Unless one is getting paid to build models as their day job, and that is their primary source of income, you’re not a professional. :hmm:

Progress pics!!!!

:ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Totally missed this thread!! Wow! You do have yourself a vintage kit here Lyle!!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote::hmm:

Come to think of it, most of us here qualify as “amateur” model makers/builders. Unless one is getting paid to build models as their day job, and that is their primary source of income, you’re not a professional. :hmm:

Progress pics!!!!

:ballbat:
As requested....ain't much. The shiny stuff is the gloss coat.

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”