'59 El Camino-Closer....11/12

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Stikpusher

Re: '59 El Camino-Updates-11/05

Post by Stikpusher »

Beautiful! :shoutout:

The chrome foil work may be a pain in the keester, but your efforts sure paid off!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Very curious to know more about "foiling" !
Must google !

Looks very good and real, but can just imagine the "pain" in that work!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Joe, I commend you for supporting your boy in all his endeavors; family always comes first. I have also had very limited time on the workbench, getting a few things done for 20-30 minutes at a time per day. However, today starts Hobby Day weekend and I'll be able to go full bore on so many models; possibly even finishing a few of them. Hey, I have 10 more to go before I reach 1500 finished models!

Enough about me. Your foil work is phenomenal; so stunningly amazing that I am overwhelmed seeing the perfection. You truly have the Midas touch on your models. Keep plugging man, this is really well worth watching!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for the kudos gents!

Mark: Well.....the kid I'm building this for isn't my son but one of his friends. My son, Joseph, dabbles in the hobby every once in a while.

Ok fellas....some more done over the weekend. Still have to work on the hood fit, tail lights and some other small issues but it's all but there.

speedgraflex

Re: '59 El Camino-Closer....11/12

Post by speedgraflex »

Mustang, this is absolutely incredible work, from the levels of fit and finish all the way through to the finely judged effect of scale. Mind blowing work, sincerely! I definitely feel you leveling up on your last couple of projects. On a side note: I’d pay for tickets to see you build the 1/24 Hellcat, bud. That would be one beautiful show!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh man, you can almost hear her purr sitting still.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Oh man, you can almost hear her purr sitting still.
:that: :shoutout: :shoutout:

This is so remarkable. I almost mistook this for a real car; the background gave it away as a model.

Wow! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

And as Bruce said, I'd pay good money to watch you build that 1/24 scale Hellcat!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”