Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Jeeves
Master Member

Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Post by Jeeves »

Wanted to try something a bit more modern...thought this would be fun! Ordered the wrong Kagero volume- which just makes me want to go buy the B2 version ;) While I wait for the first volume to come instead- here is where I am at...

Mike
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Meng 1/35 French Main Battle Tank AMX-30B

Post by Thomas_M »

Yeah, that´s a start! :shoutout:
I cannot see any mould seams on the tyres; did you already sand them off?
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thomas_M wrote:Yeah, that´s a start! :shoutout:
I cannot see any mould seams on the tyres; did you already sand them off?
I don't believe there were any-- the only thing I sanded off were the burrs from the sprue attachment points...
Mike
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

No mould lines? Cool! I hate sanding those. Especially on Panzer IV or later ones with zillions of wheels...
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Decided I'd paint a UAE scheme first...to use as a base. Since Bosnia inherited these from the UAE, I imagine they wouldn't be factory fresh-- thus the missing grill off of one of the exhausts. Not sure now if I want to put some hairspray down and then the NATO scheme and proceed that way or do salt or other form of chipping and make it more minimal. Any suggestions? Bosnia info on these tanks is nigh on nonexistent except to the Bosnians I suppose :(

Mike
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

You've made great progress, Mike. That's a mean looking tank - not that there are some friendly ones... :giggles:

You could go down the hairspray lane or dipping on some masking fluid with a sponge for larger and medium sized chips.
After the camo's applied you can add some further scratches with a sponge and/or a fine brush. I think the salty way is more rewarding on a single color scheme. The final weathering effects will kill most of it anyway.

Maybe some oil paint rendering could come out nicely on a NATO scheme. Michael Rinaldi mastered this technique and shared it not only in some impressive books but also in this how to:

Oil Paint Rendering the Rinaldi way
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

:popcorn:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Jeeves wrote:Decided I'd paint a UAE scheme first...to use as a base. Since Bosnia inherited these from the UAE, I imagine they wouldn't be factory fresh-- thus the missing grill off of one of the exhausts. Not sure now if I want to put some hairspray down and then the NATO scheme and proceed that way or do salt or other form of chipping and make it more minimal. Any suggestions? Bosnia info on these tanks is nigh on nonexistent except to the Bosnians I suppose :(

Well, it appears that they were delivered in their desert scheme. Which would only be somewhat effective in the southernmost regions of the country between Mostar and the Adriatic coast.

And yes, from personal experience of my time there, I can tell you that once Bosnia was out of the headlines in 96 or so and again in 99 during the Kosovo war, nobody has much interest in that place. Unless you are there or have been there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I found you a few more images

more to be seen here...

http://imgrab.com/tags/amx30

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”