Tamiya Sdkfz.222

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya Sdkfz.222

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Great progress, Carlos—and intriguing question, Kari! Have you seen this article? Great photos of building a replica. At least the images give a good idea of the size of the interior Stik has recreated!

https://www.argunners.com/building-sdkf ... a-scratch/
Thanks Bruce sharing the link!
Amazingly interesting! Now Zacharias from Thessaloniki still must do, is to find better tires to match the original...
Then it's perfect!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Indeed! There is always something left to do! I wonder if his choice of an Isuzu truck for a chassis limited his options? It does look good otherwise.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks again guys!

Kari, I did some quick googling on WWII German AFV interior colors, and came up with the floorboards being primer red. I can say if that is accurate for the 222, but I like the look.

Bruce, thanks for that link. That guy did one hell of a job creating his own 222.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It was all ahead full on this today... and lots of progress was made...

first I did a bit more dry brushing, followed by a flat coat and then a dust coat on the interior.

then I glued the upper hull to the lower and began gluing everything else in place... I had to modify the front fenders a bit as I was leaving off some parts, based off of photos, and a few other small changes here and there... lastly I added the kit PE screens for the turret, a brass rod antenna, and some stowage and now construction is done ...

Then I primed up the PE turret screens and the areas where I used CA as filler for the mods that I made... I also drilled out the exhaust pipes and altered the stowed Jerry can handles from solid to the three bar look, as they should be...

and lastly I added some stowage to the rear deck area to give a more “lived in” look...

Tomorrow, paint and decals if all goes well...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Looks great. Are you going to paint the storage in place or is it not glued down yet?
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Clint. Yes, the stowage is all glued in place already. I’ll be painting it there. Keeping my gingers crossed that it works out right the first time...

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Wow Carlos - that interior looks superb! How much of it can been seen through the open hatch? This is such a cool looking build. I've always thought the 222 looked smart anyway but you've really added to it with all of your extra stowage - looking forward to seeing some paint on it.

Do you think you'll get it done by the end of Christmas?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart. Most of that interior work is at least slightly visible thru the open top. At least from one angle or another, and using a light. And I did gain some ideas to upgrade the interior of the sister Sdkfz 223 that is in my stash in a similar fashion, but not rushed. And perhaps leaving one of the side hatches open.

As far as getting it done within the 12 day timeline, that’s a real push. I’m gonna sideline temfigures and concentrate on the vehicle there. Sunday is the final day, but Sunday is out for me due to my work schedule, just like last Sunday. Today will make or break this project as far as the dead line goes. Yesterday helped me catch up.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations on an exquiste project so far! Sometimes I speculate how I would operate under such a deadline, so this project has certainly made me think about how time management functions with modeling terms. You really maximized your construction and painting time. Your experience and confidence shows at every stage, and I look forward to the exterior paint.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. If I had gone straight out of box: no interior, no changes to kit parts, no add ons, just follow the directions, I probably would have finished this by now... :headslap: I just can’t leave them “as is” now. Especially, like in this case, when I’ve built the same kit before. Can’t have identical kits on the shelf here...

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”