Airfix 1/32 17 Pounder

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Airfix 1/32 17 Pounder

Post by Stikpusher »

So today, I took a few new better photos of the OD over the black base

Any feedback on if this is sufficient or needs change would be appreciated
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Turned out very well stick it has a lot of minor color changes in it that looks great.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Looks outstanding Carlos!

I tend to blackbase practically everything.... Even if it's not that good idea... (referring to my butcher bird project)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys. I know that the next stages will tone it down and cover it up some. It’s growing on me slowly.

I just have to go back and do some touch up work. I have been building the crew figures and test fitting the gunner showed that I had mounted his seat wrong. I had it mounted where it projected out to the left awat from the breech, where it should have gone straight back. Let’s just say that the kit directions are a bit ambiguous there. One of the photos that Bruce posted showed that the seat is back behind the sight, instead of offset like on many indirect fire weapons. So I made that fix last nite, and now I need to go fix the paint in that area.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos! Looks great. May I ask what is holding the tow cables on the... hmm, shield... perhaps the cables rest on hooks? I’m curious... but thankfully not a cat. I definitely see how the black color adds depth. I was also curious and did google before writing this reply, I swear, about the factory finishes... I read that these guns were being made for a long time, and the 13 pounders are still what is used in ceremonies today! TGIF
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank Bruce. That was a good question, and I had to go look. There are tie down points for cargo straps on the front of the gun shield at around the 3 and 9 o’clock positions of where the cables are. I guess that I’ll have to add those along with one for the shovel on the left trail. Airfix neglected to add those. I can create those straps pretty easily.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Cool! I did find this after four searches—maybe this helps!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That image helps a LOT Bruce! Thank you! Interesting in that those are actually ropes and not cables... :hmm: I like it! :lashed:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

It is interesting... and I look forward to what you chose to do with the details. Actually having a reference like this will help with your design. Certainly having a leather or canvas tie down at the 12 o’clock position would make sense, what with gravity and all.... I read somewhere online that tow cables used by British and U.S. armor were of the same type (this was on a Russian website with photos and transcripts of the U.S. tests of the QF 17), I think—my knowledge is really wafer thin on these weapons... but growing with interest in your work.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Stikpusher wrote:So today, I took a few new better photos of the OD over the black base

Any feedback on if this is sufficient or needs change would be appreciated

Oh man, that’s lovely! The fact that that green looks so beautiful over a black base was the impetus for me selecting the Firefly tank. You’ve done wonderful work here. It’s beautiful.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”