game cam drama

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

game cam drama

Post by Gary Brantley »

I was checking the SD cards on the game cams out at my place yesterday. Two of the cams are mounted overlooking game feeders, but one is in a deep gully, behind the tank dam. There are usually some interesting pics on that one and sure enough, there were several on this go 'round.

Here's one whitetail fawn that won't be back down for breakfast, because it became lunch for this coyote!

And, while somewhat unusual to see, we do have a bobcat population out there too. Here's a rare daylight pic of a rather large bobcat:

Also on the same SD card were these hogs with "mohawk" hairstyles; I don't know what was so "hair raising":

Just over the tank dam sits the stock tank in the woods. I have a feeder near it, with a camera setup there too. Recent guests around 4:20am:

Now, with both game feeders full of corn, all that's left to do is get up early and get out there with a rifle! If I'm there when they're there, then maybe I'll get some! :grin:
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: game cam drama

Post by keavdog »

Lots of activity!

Our driveway cam caught this bobcat wandering around the neighborhood last month

https://youtu.be/MPD4ZaxGj5Q
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mother Nature is always fascinating to watch! Great shots on your game cam Gary.

John, that's a good sized Bobcat. I wonder if it's the same on that I saw while on a bike ride in your area last summer. They do tend to be territorial. We've had a few of those guys on our street in daylight doing their thing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

keavdog wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:13 am Lots of activity!

Our driveway cam caught this bobcat wandering around the neighborhood last month

https://youtu.be/MPD4ZaxGj5Q
Yep, it gets busy out there! Man, that's a big bobcat, John! :shocked:
Stikpusher wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 am Mother Nature is always fascinating to watch! Great shots on your game cam Gary.

John, that's a good sized Bobcat. I wonder if it's the same on that I saw while on a bike ride in your area last summer. They do tend to be territorial. We've had a few of those guys on our street in daylight doing their thing.
Thanks, Carlos! It is fun checking those cards, you never know what's going to show up. I keep hoping the neighborhood panther shows up; I believe that I saw another of his kills along our county road, about two miles away.
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Good stuff Gary
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Broad daylight
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Those pics are rally interesting. A bunch of "friends" just hanging out, picking up some take out, living the good life...until.

We have coyotes and deer around here. There have been sightings on the backside of the subdivision, but I've not seen any. Don't see as many deer as we used to, either.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks for the comments, everybody! :bow:

Those pics came from a cam mounted on a tree in the gully behind the stock tank's "dam". The dam can be seen here in a pic from mid-May. And yes, the water level is much lower now! The photo was taken from in front of our cabin. A game feeder can be seen on the left.

In this drone view pic, the dam is to the right, and in the lower right a deer and pig trail over the dam can be seen, with another at the top. The cabin is out of the frame directly opposite the tank dam. The water level is now about like it is in this photo from March, 2020.

midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Cool pics. We've got coyotes here occasionally but they're elusive during the day. Get turkeys, woodchucks, possums, sand cranes, even had a bear once. Didn't see it but it wrecked my bird feeders.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks. Whoo wheee, I sure don't want to see a bear at Brokenoak! God d*mn, a bear!?! :shocked: It's exiting enough for me that we have a mountain lion in our neighborhood out there, man, I sure don't a bear too. Just my luck...to have a mountain lion, but be nowhere near the mountains!
I tell ya, I get no respect! :grin:

The squirrels mess with my bird feeders around here. Sometimes, I leave a warning for them too... :wink:

One Crossman .22 pellet to the chest and his day is done.

Return to “Free Discussion”