FSM Forums

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: FSM Forums

Post by BlackSheep214 »

cbaltrin wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:09 am I guess I was holding out for the league of super-duper extraordinary modelers... :whistle:
Aren’t we it anyway? :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

midnightprowler wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:56 pm League of Extraordinary Modelers. It was a by invitation only forum.

And if you where in then you called yourself a LEMur. It was tongue in cheek.
ImageImageImageImageImage
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Yep. If I'd known any of you then I'd have invited you. There's a couple former Lemurs here. :grin: :giggles:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
Glamdring
Advanced Member

Post by Glamdring »

cbaltrin wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:09 am I guess I was holding out for the league of super-duper extraordinary modelers... :whistle:
How about the Justice League of Modelers perhaps?

The thing that saddens me the most about the flat lining of the FSM forum is the drop off of group build activity. I remember 15 years ago they were a wide variety of builds going all the time and they were all active. When I came back 5 years ago they were still active, but fewer in quantity. Now, the builds can go a month or two between posts. Oh well, that was how my finished builds last year varied so much, I wasn't really tied to any GB's beyond the 2nd Gulf war build here, and the Secret Santa and Japanese GB build there.

I do find it somewhat interesting that Kalmbach cut back the magazine to 6 issues, and that "DLC" that was supposed to release in between has apparently been discontinued without announcement. Perhaps I will rabble rouse and ask what gives over there.
aka Robert

"I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try, I'm gettin' really good at barely gettin' by"
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Glamdring wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:21 pm
I do find it somewhat interesting that Kalmbach cut back the magazine to 6 issues
Way back before I let my subscription lapse, I had noticed that the content was, for a large part, simply regurgitated former content. I found myself reading through each issue quicker than the previous one. I haven't seen an FSM magazine in years, maybe I should seek one out to see what has changed since I left. :hmm:
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Glamdring wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:21 pm
How about the Justice League of Modelers perhaps?
Hey remember the old Super Friends cartoon in the 80's ? "Meanwhile at the Hall of LEMurs..." (Imagine dramatic voice)... :giggles:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Not much to read in the current state of FSM magazine. Seem to me its always the same articles every so many months. Except new releases of upcoming kits. Why go there when Round2 makes the announcement every month.

If and when FSM forums do shut down for good, I doubt most veteran members will show up here that never heard of spamodeler site. Although some have also registered here but never visited in years.

Even one by a name I never got along with and was known as the "self-appointed forum police" that led to my first ban over at FSM - for those who knows exactly who I'm referring to, his name shall not be mentioned here.

All in all, FSM magazine isn't what it used to be for the price they're charging for.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I decided not to renew after they cancelled the digital editions. Their contract allows them to publish as many or as few issues as they please. I could see them going to quarterly next. I don't trust them anymore.
The forum is buggy but getting some new names but still not a lot of posts.
Thanks,
John
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

I really miss what the FSM used to be in its heyday,but now it's crickets.

I always liked the magazine i had it since 82 up to about 5 years ago,but you can find anything you want on the internet and good forums.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Agreed on all points. So many YouTube videos on model related subjects

Return to “Free Discussion”