Try This For Fun! AI at work

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Try This For Fun! AI at work

Post by keavdog »

Not currently as it's in 'preview'. There will be free usage for personal use in windows but it's not clear to me if the imaging stuff requires a different (paid) license. So play with it now!
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:hmm: It does make me think that if AI can't actually reproduce text that I give it, then maybe I don't have to worry about Skynet just yet. I mean, the Terminator would have been bollocksed wouldn't it, trying to find Ssssarh Coooonnr in the phone book.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Ya - my first red flag was when I asked chatgpt for a list of WWII aircraft with fixed landing gear, thinking it would be great to have a list for a GB.

The response was the dumbest thing I've ever seen a computer/search engine respond with:

During World War II, several aircraft had fixed landing gear, which means the landing gear remained in a fixed position and did not retract during flight. Some of the prominent World War II airplanes with fixed landing gear include:

Supermarine Spitfire: The early versions of the iconic British fighter aircraft, such as the Spitfire Mk I and Mk II, had fixed landing gear. Later versions, like the Spitfire Mk V and beyond, were equipped with retractable landing gear.

Hawker Hurricane: Another famous British fighter, the Hurricane, had fixed landing gear. Like the Spitfire, some later versions were fitted with retractable landing gear.

Messerschmitt Bf 109: The primary German fighter aircraft, the Bf 109, also had fixed landing gear in its early models. Later variants featured retractable landing gear.

Focke-Wulf Fw 190: Initially, some versions of the German Fw 190 had fixed landing gear. However, the majority of later models were equipped with retractable landing gear.

P-47 Thunderbolt: The American P-47 Thunderbolt, known for its heavy firepower and robust design, featured fixed landing gear throughout its production run.

P-40 Warhawk: The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, used by various Allied forces, had fixed landing gear in all its variants.

IL-2 Sturmovik: The Soviet IL-2 Sturmovik ground-attack aircraft had fixed landing gear.

These are just a few examples, and there were other aircraft with fixed landing gear that were used during World War II. Aircraft designs evolved during the war, and retractable landing gear became more common as it offered aerodynamic advantages and reduced drag during high-speed flight.

I think we're safe from the machines for a while :giggles:
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ok… I’m stupid and confused. What’s the program you’re using?
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

On recent version of windows (I'm running 11) there's a preview of Microsoft Copilot. The app is on the far right of the task bar.

Click on it then enter your prompt in the text box that says 'Ask Me Anything'

something like
create a logo for "Blacksheep214 Models" with an F-4U Corsair and a 214 badge

I did that and it made this :)

Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LOL!!!

I love it!

Couldn't get a 4th prop blade in, huh? Microsoft is stupid....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I can't get it to do anything. Still on Win10, though. I apparently have an account on Microsoft.com, so anything I've tried, it wants me to sign in. PW, what PW...don't need no stinkin' PW...uh, yes you do. Sigh. Better things to not do that screw with Microsoft.

Some of you have commented on how AI isn't ready yet or provides stupid anwers...just remember that it is already out there and giving many millions of people their information. . . and they wijll fight you to the death that it is accurate and true.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I hear you Lyle. We are getting close to a password-less world. I've used PassKey a couple times and very impressed. It will be a bit before widespread adoption but passwords are going the way of the dinosaur.

This is a standard benchmark against many of the large language models (LLMs) that power some of the generative AI tools. We have a ways to go...

EDIT: source - https://www.vellum.ai/blog/llm-benchmar ... ng%20tasks
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

AI is the devil! Some cool logos though. Mine was designed by my wife who's an artist and a graphic designer.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Medicman71 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:12 pm AI is the devil! Some cool logos though. Mine was designed by my wife who's an artist and a graphic designer.
And who can obviously spell!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Free Discussion”