FSM observations and why it’s happening

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Re: FSM observations and why it’s happening

Post by Brandons_Iron »

I'm not at all opposed to doing the SSGB, I really enjoy it. I feel if someone takes the time to get you a gift, the least you can do is put forth the effort to build it. I know that life sometimes prevents that and I get it, but this shouldn't happen to 90% of the participants year over year. Just sayin'.

As far as FSM, I don't go there much. Not a whole lot happening. There are new people, but I don't think they stick around as it's pretty dead most of the time. I don't think there is any saving them now, too far gone at this point. IMPO
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

It may be good for FSM, Flying and Plane and Pilot are both old time titles. But they are shadows of what they once were, especially Flying. But then so is the industry. I subscribed to Flying from the Gil Robb Wilson days until the mid 90's and still have them all in the closet and I also picked up many of the earlier issues second hand.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

jeaton01 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:40 pm It may be good for FSM, Flying and Plane and Pilot are both old time titles. But they are shadows of what they once were, especially Flying. But then so is the industry. I subscribed to Flying from the Gil Robb Wilson days until the mid 90's and still have them all in the closet and I also picked up many of the earlier issues second hand.
Those used to be great magazines.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

I visit,I answer questions when I can,and welcome new members.I no longer post any builds or blogs,because very few paid attention anyway.I only post comments on builds from folks that I've known for awhile or from other sites I know.

It is sad because it's where I cut my teeth as a modeler beginning in 03,so many good guys at one time.
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Based on the 60 days for the staff to basically interview for the other company I would be bold enough to state this is the end of FSM mag and site. I played around and from what I could see I don't see anything here that looks good for them. This would explain all the cost cuts we've seen to the server side and the subscription options. This was just a cost cutting measure to trim all fat and make the company look better on paper so they could sell it. The new company gains some assets, but it's unlikely they will continue with FSM. It just doesn't fit anywhere.
BrandonK

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I haven’t been able to get on FSM since the weekend. The site keeps timing out without loading. How about anyone else here?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

It did that too me as well, but I did get on. They have a post about this and it mentions something about the impact to the mag and subscriptions will be fleshed out in the coming weeks.
BrandonK

Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Yes,this is longest they have been down,will be interesting to see if they come back.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I had some group build stuff I wasn't going to finish anyhow :giggles:
Thanks,
John

Return to “Free Discussion”